IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern Storm?
5/7/18, 7:36 AM   #1
Eastern Storm?
Kingz

We were planning on doing the USAC Eastern Storm tour but it doesn’t seem like they are getting very big fields this year. Does anyone know how many cars followed it last year? Or how many have signed up for this year?

5/7/18, 8:33 AM   #2
Re: Eastern Storm?
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

There is growing support from car owners and drivers here in the east for wingless racing. I'd suspect car counts to be at or better than last year.

5/7/18, 8:07 PM   #3
Gene Franckowiak

You will have Ryan Taylor, Kyle Moody, Tim Buckwalter, Trevor Kobylarz for sure....plus a few others....I'm thinking between 26 to 30 cars

5/7/18, 8:37 PM   #4
Tqcrazy

Always exciting...22 start the feature, doesn’t matter if you have 25 or 30, lots of quality cars👍👍👍

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, davidm, Kingz, racegal, tirespinner
5/8/18, 8:19 AM   #5
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
You will have Ryan Taylor, Kyle Moody, Tim Buckwalter, Trevor Kobylarz for sure....plus a few others....I'm thinking between 26 to 30 cars
Gene we thank you for your continued support of wingless racing here in the east!!!

5/8/18, 2:01 PM   #6
Backitin

We'll be at weedsport spectating. Cant wait, its been at least 40 years since I've been to a sprintcar nonwing race. I'll be glued to the fence for the entire event where a winged race i'm gone after a heat or two. I am not wing bashing at all, just a fact. I'm also old school so I really put weight into the usac label, used to be if you had a usac sticker on your car you were a badass no questions asked.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, jdull99, oppweld
5/9/18, 3:18 AM   #7
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
We'll be at weedsport spectating. Cant wait, its been at least 40 years since I've been to a sprintcar nonwing race. I'll be glued to the fence for the entire event where a winged race i'm gone after a heat or two. I am not wing bashing at all, just a fact. I'm also old school so I really put weight into the usac label, used to be if you had a usac sticker on your car you were a badass no questions asked.
40 years?? Damn, you need to get out more! I live further away from wingless racing than you, but see some every year....

5 members like this post: jim goerge, Kingz, luckybuc97, motorhead748, progressive22
5/9/18, 3:19 AM   #8
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz View Post
We were planning on doing the USAC Eastern Storm tour but it doesn’t seem like they are getting very big fields this year. Does anyone know how many cars followed it last year? Or how many have signed up for this year?
How do you know they aren't getting big fields ? It has even started yet....

5/9/18, 8:49 AM   #9
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
40 years?? Damn, you need to get out more! I live further away from wingless racing than you, but see some every year....

I hear you, hard to believe being how much I love sprintcars, they are the four wheel version of a speedwaybike. Thirty years ago I was riding mx and we started speedway in 2002, so we didn't travel to any auto races. Before that we were at the modifieds at Flemington speedway, sorry to say another type of car that is no longer with us. (this is why I always hate changes to sprintcars, something perfect needs no change, leave the sprintcars alone. If tech is your thing play with late models or whatever) This is the first year in a long time we arnt racing anything. I'm hoping with a change in the racing climate maybe the nonwing cars will start coming to us. We would 100% be racing a sprintcar if we had a local track, I should say would have because at this stage were done with the racing. I'm going to run a mx race and a speedway race next season for my 60th birthday and that will be that.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
5/9/18, 12:40 PM   #10
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
I hear you, hard to believe being how much I love sprintcars, they are the four wheel version of a speedwaybike. Thirty years ago I was riding mx and we started speedway in 2002, so we didn't travel to any auto races. Before that we were at the modifieds at Flemington speedway, sorry to say another type of car that is no longer with us. (this is why I always hate changes to sprintcars, something perfect needs no change, leave the sprintcars alone. If tech is your thing play with late models or whatever) This is the first year in a long time we arnt racing anything. I'm hoping with a change in the racing climate maybe the nonwing cars will start coming to us. We would 100% be racing a sprintcar if we had a local track, I should say would have because at this stage were done with the racing. I'm going to run a mx race and a speedway race next season for my 60th birthday and that will be that.
Gotta hand it to you, you have balls to race those things.....

1 member likes this post: JarrettFarms73
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern Storm?