IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
7/14/13, 7:31 AM   #161
Bradleyracing86

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaltonMiniSprint View Post
After reading 16 pages of post which took 1hr. and 1/2. Here are some of my observations.

1. Computer keyboard salvo wars never settle anything.

2. We need a common set of rules so we can travel to different race tracks if we want to.

3. I too have a Engler mechanical fuel injection system (oh my God!!!). My car is about 95% done getting closer to the other 5%. Probably be legal to drive around my back yard. Have to check with my Competition Director on that one ( Wife ).

4. Made two trips to MALS races Mark and Phil are real nice people they're passionate about saving our lightning sprint class.

5. Haven't ever met you Andy but have met your brother he's also a nice fellow hope he gets better and gets back to racing.

6. Went to two MALS races to personally meet with Mark & Phil to see if I could race my ENGLER ( oh my GOD!!! #2 ) injected car with them in 2014 with a 50 lb. wgt. penalty. Meeting was highly productive.

7. As far as the poor guy that started this thread on page 1 he inadvertantly started an uproar with keyboard salvos possible fist fights and whatever.

8. Mike Dicely builds nice race cars and they have won a lot of races but so have Stallard, Sawyer, Factor 1, Triple X and so on.

9. I too have a lay down radiator in my GRP Lightning Sprint my car builder has been putting them in his race cars for years (Champ Cars,Sprint Cars, Midgets, even my boys micro which I've started to put together.

10. Finally from what I see we all need to come together to save our class of racing. Too many people have left our sport for Sprint Cars. Some will spend a lot more money than we do but won't have the bickering and fighting that I have read for the 1 and 1/2 hrs.
Thank you for the kind words, he is doing very well. 3 chemos down, 9 to go. Hopefully he is back driving by April.

Is your mechanical injection on a Honda? I though I remember talking to Tim about it. ?

Posted via Mobile Device

7/14/13, 9:10 AM   #162
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaltonMiniSprint View Post
After reading 16 pages of post which took 1hr. and 1/2. Here are some of my observations.

1. Computer keyboard salvo wars never settle anything.

2. We need a common set of rules so we can travel to different race tracks if we want to.

3. I too have a Engler mechanical fuel injection system (oh my God!!!). My car is about 95% done getting closer to the other 5%. Probably be legal to drive around my back yard. Have to check with my Competition Director on that one ( Wife ).

4. Made two trips to MALS races Mark and Phil are real nice people they're passionate about saving our lightning sprint class.

5. Haven't ever met you Andy but have met your brother he's also a nice fellow hope he gets better and gets back to racing.

6. Went to two MALS races to personally meet with Mark & Phil to see if I could race my ENGLER ( oh my GOD!!! #2 ) injected car with them in 2014 with a 50 lb. wgt. penalty. Meeting was highly productive.

7. As far as the poor guy that started this thread on page 1 he inadvertantly started an uproar with keyboard salvos possible fist fights and whatever.

8. Mike Dicely builds nice race cars and they have won a lot of races but so have Stallard, Sawyer, Factor 1, Triple X and so on.

9. I too have a lay down radiator in my GRP Lightning Sprint my car builder has been putting them in his race cars for years (Champ Cars,Sprint Cars, Midgets, even my boys micro which I've started to put together.

10. Finally from what I see we all need to come together to save our class of racing. Too many people have left our sport for Sprint Cars. Some will spend a lot more money than we do but won't have the bickering and fighting that I have read for the 1 and 1/2 hrs.

Mark

That pic would be a pretty good analogy for mini-sprint racers around the country. When you have "It is my way or the highway" attitude, or "water and oil", what it takes is a catalist like maybe acetone which we don't have.

When you get a bunch of Highly Opinionated people in a small room all you get is a a lot of hot air and in the old days smoke.

Papa outlaw went so far as to change his name on IOW and type of car he races, and is getting further and further out in left field with USAC all by himself from other 1000cc powered midgets, it works for him but it sure ain't going to work for you guys.

1. We got two types of people out there. Those that think wouldn't it be great if everyone felt and thought the same way as we do, and if you don't you are a no- good so and so.

2. Then you got those that think this works for us and we don't need somebody smarter than us making up or rules for us. If I go on vacation I will leave my race car at home.

3. Like I have said before you either need a millionaire making an offer we can't afford to pass on or one group that manages to come up with a set of rules so good that everyone uses them.

Jerry Teague had just about accomplished that goal with the AMSA, had he enforced his rules on weight a little sooner before it got out of hand he would still have the rules to copy. And if you look at your rules many of theme came from AMSA.

Bill May and Allen Ruppenthal took Jerry rules condensed them and came up with the MMSA leaving the old expensive 1200cc motors out of the mix.

You guys came along and came up with a new flashy name and your own idea of what it takes to make a good race group. You changed the basic AMSA rules the way you wanted to and it seems to be working for you.

When you get them purses up about 5 times over what they are now you might get some travelers to show up, they will come not because they like your rules but they like your money. Like the guys in Peoria.

Now for Royalton and all those other people that like to feel warm and fuzzy all over!

"Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya".

Honest Dad himself

7/14/13, 9:27 AM   #163
DAD

Did Bill flash the lights off and on and holler "LAST CALL" on this thread.

Honest Dad himself

7/14/13, 10:06 AM   #164
Quantrill

Quote:
Mark

That pic would be a pretty good analogy for mini-sprint racers around the country. When you have "It is my way or the highway" attitude, or "water and oil", what it takes is a catalist like maybe acetone which we don't have.
Please explain this statement Dad? I am from the show me state and I wanted to show you Marvels Mystery oil and ALKY do not mix. You said they should. No offense but I hope the guy you helped do the masters thesis passed? DISCLAIMER! That was a JOKE!!!

Rules are set and should be followed. If that makes me a my way or highway kind of guy so be it.

Quote:
Jerry Teague had just about accomplished that goal with the AMSA, had he enforced his rules on weight a little sooner before it got out of hand he would still have the rules to copy. And if you look at your rules many of theme came from AMSA.
We actually copied MMSA rules and added to them.

Quote:
Bill May and Allen Ruppenthal took Jerry rules condensed them and came up with the MMSA leaving the old expensive 1200cc motors out of the mix.
We left them in hoping to attract a few of the old motor guys who are still around. It did not happen.

Quote:
You guys came along and came up with a new flashy name and your own idea of what it takes to make a good race group. You changed the basic AMSA rules the way you wanted to and it seems to be working for you.
Again not the case, we took MMSA rules as our base line. We sat in the Mid-west Lighting Sprint rules meeting and what was added to our rules are a direct reflection to what the drivers in this area who attend the rules meeting wanted to see.

Quote:
When you get them purses up about 5 times over what they are now you might get some travelers to show up, they will come not because they like your rules but they like your money.
And being the business man you are, where does this money come from? Do you care to add Dads Mufflers to our list of sponsors? Lets say for $5000 a year? You have my word ALL would go back in to the purse? We have a great sponsor in Jayhawk Millwright and are paying the best payout in the country. I think most everyone is getting about $100 a car?? So do the math and see where this other money is going to have to come from? Just not going to happen on any reg. basis.

Quote:
Like the guys in Peoria.
You mean the $250 to win on reg. nights?

Their one race a year is great that pays $1200 or something like that to win. They have done this once in two years and I hope they can do it again this year. I have nothing but good things to say about that race. Hell of a job, lots of fun!

If Jerry (AMSA) Bill (MMSA) Mark /Phil (MALS) Mike / Bob (MLS) get together with rules we all can agree on it will be better for all. There is nothing more to be gained here by trying do defend our first year start up region rules that NONE of you have come out to race with. I think I have had enough! This will be settled our our rules meeting. I would suggested to all racers that they get a hold of the people you see listed above and talk to them about the rules for next year.

1 member likes this post: wing-44
7/14/13, 10:08 AM   #165
TQ29m

DAD, just saw your post from yesterday, I had planned on it, but couldn't get hold of my driver, it's close to home, and Bill had said we would be welcome, so why not, my 600 VS all the 1000's, what's to fear, we quit running for points years ago, when a points fund did not exist anymore, and being non wing, folks in the balcony wouldn't know the difference. Thanks for asking. Bob!

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/14/13, 12:00 PM   #166
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
DAD, just saw your post from yesterday, I had planned on it, but couldn't get hold of my driver, it's close to home, and Bill had said we would be welcome, so why not, my 600 VS all the 1000's, what's to fear, we quit running for points years ago, when a points fund did not exist anymore, and being non wing, folks in the balcony wouldn't know the difference. Thanks for asking. Bob!
Bob we could have used you and your car. would like to meet you some day I"ll buy the coke. We got some more races cumming up w/o wings. I would like to pick your mind a little. Nothing like two old #$&%$ trying to remember what you forgot.

Honest Dad himself

7/14/13, 3:04 PM   #167
D.L. 122

Does anyone have trouble with the walbro? Running gas we had a walbro last 4 seasons(2 before we bought the car). Is alky just that hard on the pumps?

Posted via Mobile Device

7/14/13, 4:04 PM   #168
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.L. 122 View Post
Does anyone have trouble with the walbro? Running gas we had a walbro last 4 seasons(2 before we bought the car). Is alky just that hard on the pumps?

Posted via Mobile Device
These are designed to have the fuel pass right through the pump motor on the way to the injectors. they use a bearing impregnated with grease, that is designed fto work with gasoline. Sometime back in 1989 ford had a e150 van designed for e85 fuel. The pump that works on that truck is better for methanol.(don't quote me on that). Since these pumps have the fuel run through them and methanol is also an electrolite that also poses problems. It is nothing for one of these pumps to last for years on a car or truck on gasoline. For the cost we always carried a spare and at times had to loan it out.

Honest Dad himself

7/14/13, 8:44 PM   #169
SteveB31

I am sorry, but since this thread is being read by everyone, I would like to hijack it.

I have a problem with my Lightning sprint that is now two races old and I am not able to find the solution, and this forumn should be a good place to find the solution.

Here is the problem that started after hot laps last week.

2007 R1 with Rossen Injection on Methonol.

Most of the, ONLY on full throttle, the car just flat quits. You back of the throttle and it will run again. Always happens on the straights, and at the apex of the turn. Now, to be clear. It doesnt bog down, it doesnt miss, it just quits (like you hit the kill switch), then immediatly runs perfect until you get to full throttle again.

Any ideas would be really appriciated. I am a smart guy. I have troubleshot many problems in the last 8 years for myself and others, but this one has me stumped.

I changed injectors, cleaned the Throttle pos. sensors connections, have 13 volts in the battery, have good clean fuel flow, 45 lbs fuel pressure etc.....

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! And I am sorry for hijacking this thread.

Steve Becker
RMLSA cars #31 and #32
ssmbecker@msn.com
303-910-9436

7/14/13, 9:04 PM   #170
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
I am sorry, but since this thread is being read by everyone, I would like to hijack it.

I have a problem with my Lightning sprint that is now two races old and I am not able to find the solution, and this forumn should be a good place to find the solution.

Here is the problem that started after hot laps last week.

2007 R1 with Rossen Injection on Methonol.

Most of the, ONLY on full throttle, the car just flat quits. You back of the throttle and it will run again. Always happens on the straights, and at the apex of the turn. Now, to be clear. It doesnt bog down, it doesnt miss, it just quits (like you hit the kill switch), then immediatly runs perfect until you get to full throttle again.

Any ideas would be really appriciated. I am a smart guy. I have troubleshot many problems in the last 8 years for myself and others, but this one has me stumped.

I changed injectors, cleaned the Throttle pos. sensors connections, have 13 volts in the battery, have good clean fuel flow, 45 lbs fuel pressure etc.....

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! And I am sorry for hijacking this thread.

Steve Becker
RMLSA cars #31 and #32
ssmbecker@msn.com
303-910-9436
What is hijacking a thread? The thread has stopped moving up to the top so it must be getting late. I do Kawasaki's but we have a lot of r1 people out there and something like that happened to one of them this weekend. Something about fly by wire.

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: Mmsa mini sprints