IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern Storm
6/10/20, 5:50 PM   #1
Eastern Storm
yeleyfan76

Really miss not having Usac close to home this week. This is the best week in racing around here for me. While there is always hope, I’m fearful we won’t get any sprint car events out this way in 2020. Tonite would have been at the new and improved Bridgeport speedway in NJ before heading back out to central Pa and then N.Y. Looks like more trips to the Hoosier state this year. Will be watching TSS on Flo Sunday for sure.

6/11/20, 7:43 AM   #2
Re: Eastern Storm
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I know how you feel! ES is always a high point for us east coast wingless fans.

I was able to get to Path Valley a couple weeks ago and get in a Wingless Super Sportsman race. They had 23 cars there that night!

I've got a couple USAC East Coast Sprint races I want to attend later this year too.

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, oppweld, usac99
6/11/20, 7:59 AM   #3
davidm

Some good news! Just saw this posted on the Groves web site.

Special Notice from Williams Grove Speedway:

Due to a scheduling conflict, the super late models program that was announced for Friday, August 14 at Williams Grove Speedway has been removed from the schedule and has been replaced with a program of USAC East wingless 360 sprints and the HJ Towing & Recovery 358 sprint cars.

The USAC East wingless program will be the first ever appearance by the circuit at Williams Grove. Shows slated for earlier this year and early in 2019 could not be completed.

5 members like this post: duel, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, oppweld, TNRustler
6/11/20, 10:57 AM   #4
duel

I feel your pain. We had BOSS and USAC scheduled at I-96 2 weeks apart this month. 7 or 8 years since a big NW show in Michigan. At least midget week is on the horizon next week in Indiana.

3 members like this post: davidm, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
6/11/20, 1:04 PM   #5
jonboat15

I wondering if the midgets will still come in in August as well as the Champ cars to Selinsgrove. I miss the Eastern storm but at least we have the wingless sportsman cars and the usac 360s. I think usac needs to make the eastern series 410s like they did in Cali. , give our guys a fair chance to compete with the national series.

6/11/20, 1:06 PM   #6
jim goerge

David We need to get you back here in Indiana. I"ll never forget that morning we met lol, I thought Whats this dudes checking out my truck, then you said you saw the IOW decal on back window and we hit it off . Hope you can come back here sometime friend .

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, davidm, i love dirt track racing, oppweld
6/12/20, 8:45 AM   #7
davidm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
David We need to get you back here in Indiana. I"ll never forget that morning we met lol, I thought Whats this dudes checking out my truck, then you said you saw the IOW decal on back window and we hit it off . Hope you can come back here sometime friend .
Jim I can't tell you how much I miss being out there. The racing is great, but it's the people like you and other Hoosiers I've met that make the trip west special! I still have not given up completely on try to come out later this summer if this COVID crap ever settles down.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern Storm