IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > pay per view
11/21/16, 11:16 PM   #1
pay per view
flagboy55

Was thinking of buying the turkey night race on PPV. I have never done it before and wondered what needs to be done to play it on my TV, and do I need any special equipment. I recently saw some of a hockey game that was streaming and the video was choppy, and really not worth watching. How's the quality of the racing streams? I went on loudpedal and didn't really find any instructions. Any help and tips for doing this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

11/22/16, 3:56 AM   #2
Re: pay per view
kevincrum

Online pay per view's are getting better and better and when it all comes together right, they are totally worth it. If you have a good internet connection (strong wireless works, wired is better), a modern browser, and decent computer or laptop then chances are you'll be happy. To get it onto your TV the only step left is a getting an hdmi cable from the computer to the screen.

Sometimes even when you have it all setup right, and the broadcaster has done everything right, there still can be issues that make it un-fun. Bad internet at the track, weather, or other unforeseen things just happen. This is a new media, so hiccups happen, but it sure has resulted in a lot more people getting to see more dirt racing - so people (I guess I can only speak for me) put up with the occasional whoopses.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
11/22/16, 4:27 AM   #3
chase2raudman

Race Count This Year: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Was thinking of buying the turkey night race on PPV. I have never done it before and wondered what needs to be done to play it on my TV, and do I need any special equipment. I recently saw some of a hockey game that was streaming and the video was choppy, and really not worth watching. How's the quality of the racing streams? I went on loudpedal and didn't really find any instructions. Any help and tips for doing this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
As mentioned above you don't need a whole lot in order to get a live stream going on your TV. Just use your laptop and/or PC and go onto loudpedal.tv/live, create an account, go through the process of entering your credit card information and when the stream starts you are dialed in. I will be working with the stream this week as the announcer and I can assure you that you will find a very enjoyable experience from this broadcast. The guys at Loudpedal have been doing test streams the last few weeks and everything has been going flawlessly. Multiple camera angles and driver interviews will make it feel like you are at the racetrack!

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Mattmac05
11/22/16, 6:50 AM   #4

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

I have had good experience with the turkey night race. I have bought it the last few years. Planning on it again. My TV has a monitor in and an audio in so I bought a monitor to monitor cable for the video and a male to male headphone cable to get the sound to the TV. Basically it makes my TV a second monitor and I drag the video window over to it. Got these cables for a few bucks on the internet. HDMI sounds better quality though. Maybe your local electronics store can set you up with the right stuff for your system.

11/22/16, 10:36 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Did both the western world and ovals all nights with these guys and any issues I had were most likely on my end and those were few and far between.

Get a HDMI cable to the TV and its better than a lot of national sports media IMHO.

Just wonder if they're going to have that yelling Ventura Announcer on the live feed. Id like a answer to that before I order.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge
11/22/16, 11:31 AM   #6
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Is Jim Naylor still announcing at Ventura, along with being the Promoter and Grader Operator? I raced and/or spectated there for 30 years and never found him to be annoying; all things considered he's one of the best things that ever happened to SoCal Open Wheel Racing (along with everybody at the PAS) since the demise of Ascot...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

3 members like this post: Bobv, jim goerge, TQ97
11/22/16, 12:16 PM   #7
bigsby

I use a Google Chromecast ($35). It is a HDMI stick that plugs into your TV. You can then wirelessly cast whatever is on your computer screen to the TV. The quality is great and it's very convenient.

11/22/16, 2:17 PM   #8
erich45

Western World and Oval Nationals were covered by Speed Shift TV. Is that the same crew that does Loudpedal ?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/22/16, 3:06 PM   #9
HinesFan

I stream it with my home wifi on my iphone or ipad and use apple tv box to put it on the tv via hdmi, works great!

11/22/16, 7:22 PM   #10
flagboy55

I want to once again thank all of you for your input. I do have a firestick that I have watched movies on so would that do?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > pay per view