IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jerry Hardy
8/13/18, 4:54 AM   #1
Jerry Hardy
jdull99

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/na...?pid=189879461

I'm hoping more comes out on Jerry's life and his love of racing. KO's book ("Cages are for Monkeys" - I looked up Jerry's name in the index...I haven't read it all yet) documents Jerry taking the BMARA RoY title in their 1st season racing against eachother..some 48 years ago! & then Jerry's "come-back" as a car owner 10-years ago (ran much in WI, but plenty in IN too I'm sure). I recall, talk was then, Jerry was hoping to get back in a car at some point - maybe he did a test session or smthn? Regardless, he fielded top cars for a number of drivers, and he entertained many of us who tried to get in one of those cars (from the VERY 1st time he brought cars to the track...lol) - I'm thankful for some support on a couple tire deals, cheap race fuel, race day help from his crew, and a bunch of shop towels! (lol). Plus his interest in what almost everyone had going in his passion of the sport was infectious. My micro car-owners (friends Fred & Sue) bought the car he had built to help start that series, and he never told me of any issue of leaving his name on the wing and some of the mentioned support continued. Was nice to have shared experiences (and some similar thoughts at a couple club meetings, etc. - lol) along the way and the story he brought to the sport and the more he made once he came back. Even more important than any car race though, I'm thankful for his (& all who have) service in the U.S. Army.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 8/13/18 at 10:41 AM.

2 members like this post: davidm, John P Huss
8/13/18, 6:19 PM   #2
John P Huss

Jerry Was A Great Friend
Of Mine. He Had A Awesome
Passion For Midget Racing.
A Vietnam Veteran. Always
Enjoyed Talking Racing With
Jerry. Will Miss Seeing Him
At Angell Park.

Best Regards,
John

8/16/18, 10:11 AM   #3
Re: Jerry Hardy
jdull99

I found a better edited obit:

https://www.gazettextra.com/obituari...1d8d213d3.html

July 20, 1945 - August 9, 2018

Janesville, WI -- Jerry W. Hardy, 73, of Janesville passed away at Wm. S. Middleton Veterans Hospital in Madison, on Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018. Jerry was born on July 20, 1945, to Albert “Jake” and Birget (Flister) Hardy in Edgerton, Wisconsin. Jerry attended Edgerton High School. Jerry owned his own retail store and also a midget race car team. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.

He is predeceased in death by his parents; and a son, Craige. A Funeral Service will be held on Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018, at 12 noon at ALL FAITHS FUNERAL HOME in Janesville, WI. A visitation will be held from 11 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 16th, until the time of the service at the FUNERAL home. Interment will be at Jensen Cemetery in Edgerton.

ALL FAITHS FUNERAL AND CREMATION SERVICES of Janesville is assisting the family. On-line condolences may be made at: www.866allfaiths.com

(PS - I'm headed to work myself, so Idk if I'll make any of this; just posting)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jerry Hardy