IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart -Indianapolis 500
8/12/18, 11:41 PM   #11
Re: Tony Stewart -Indianapolis 500
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
Maybe the pacecar; He`s to fat for a indycar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
if/when, Tony would sure need to diet for a while before May

I believe his entry would sell tickets.
(who knows, I might even go myself and I wouldn't trade one Sunday night sprint car race at Kokomo for two Indy 500s !!) GYATK
He's in better shape now than when he got out of the Cup car best I can tell. Saw him at Eldora in June and he looked good.
Last edited by brsteg; 8/13/18 at 2:24 PM.

8/13/18, 1:22 PM   #12
jim goerge

Tony has nothing to prove in a Indy car. I"m thinking about other guys who retired and came back and didn"t have good endings, hate to see it happen again

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
8/13/18, 2:15 PM   #13
Chase Hightower

I don't believe "proving anything", has anything to do with it at all. I don't really think he could do anything that would diminish his stats, career, or perception of him as a racer. That's what's made his whole career what is it to me. My guess is, there is a strong desire for him to win it for himself. I think everyone would agree he's got nothing to prove. I'd love to see it happen. The Daytona 500 wouldn't mean jack**** to me about his career with everything he has done, but Indy would! JMO, it's the only thing that would get me to buy a few tickets.... Well, unless Robert Ballou finds a ride.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider, RACrappieman
8/13/18, 2:27 PM   #14
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Hightower View Post
JMO, it's the only thing that would get me to buy a few tickets.... Well, unless Robert Ballou finds a ride.
I'm not planning any more Indy 500 trips until Kyle Larson is on the entry list myself.

{Really special event to attend, but not being able to see the whole track and therefor race is a game killer for me.}

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/13/18, 5:39 PM   #15
stoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
He's in better shape now than when he got out of the Cup car best I can tell. Saw him at Eldora in June and he looked good.
He won`t fit in a indycar

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart -Indianapolis 500