IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville POWRi Midget Week Show Gets Bigger
5/16/15, 11:14 PM   #1
Jacksonville POWRi Midget Week Show Gets Bigger
kdobson

With our NSL show getting rained out Friday we went back to the drawing board to try to put together our signature show of 2015 at Jacksonville Speedway. Our POWRi Midget week show coming up on Friday June 5th caught our eye, so we made some calls to see if we could blow that up into something even bigger. Details aren't all finished yet, but they are finished enough for our friends from Indiana to think about making a trip over.

In addition to a tremendous field of midget drivers from across the globe and excellent micro sprint racing... we are adding a $3,000 to win MOWA Sprint Car show to the card. Joining our talented field of MOWA drivers will be some special guests in sprint cars.. so far Steve Kinser, Sammy Swindell, Rico Abreu and Christopher Bell. Talking to some of the POWRi guys like Zach Daum it looks like he and a few other POWRi regulars will be bringing sprint cars as well.

We will be announcing a nice bonus for anyone who can with both the midget and sprint feature and an alternative bonus for the driver with the best average finish of no one wins both.

For our traveling fans who follow midget week, this event precedes a very large "Braggin Rights" Barbeque Cookoff at the fairgrounds the next day. When you roll out of the grandstands, folks will already be smoking for the cookoff. Bring the RV, and wake up Saturday for one of Jacksonville's best parties around Noon at your front door before heading to Macon.

Speaking of parties, we plan to throw a big one late Friday afternoon prior to the race for our VIP ticket holders with free food, beer, soda, band, meet and greet and more.

We've only had about 24 hours to piece this show together. Give us about another 48 to get all of the details in place. Just wanted to get word out so calendars start getting marked.

5/17/15, 12:16 AM   #2
groove grabber

Now thats promotion!

5/17/15, 12:22 AM   #3
Re: Jacksonville POWRi Midget Week Show Gets Bigger
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I hope everyone will join me in sharing this on Facebook, or whatever social media you do. This deserves to be a big, big show. POWRi at Jacksonville is always a great show, but this is certainly icing on the cake. Anyone got a spare midget or two for a couple of veterans? Great job Ken.

1 member likes this post: racing2bwithu2
5/17/15, 12:59 AM   #4
kdobson

Another thing to think about... we also operate Quincy Raceways which is the Thusday night Speed Week stop. If enough of you campers and travelers preferred to just stop and set-up shop in Jacksonville on Thursday, we could arrange some ground transportation to and from Quincy if enough people were interested. It would save you an hour of fuel each way, save some miles and let you partake in a few more refreshments at Quincy without having to worry about the drive home. Shoot me an email at kdobson@ciltrak.com if you want me to look into it.

6 members like this post: DirtHawk92, dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Ray3, stealth43k
5/17/15, 4:15 PM   #5
SpfldMile

You guys just flat out know how to do it right. Keep up the good work.

3 members like this post: billwill, dirtnonwingfan, racing2bwithu2
5/17/15, 4:26 PM   #6
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Wow. Sounds fantastic. We are making our first visit to Illinois midget week.

4 members like this post: bmemmer, dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97, racing2bwithu2
5/26/15, 12:21 PM   #7
PAW

So is this bus trip still on or not?

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, mc/rider
5/26/15, 6:54 PM   #8
bmemmer

Can't wait!! Really hoping the wife can get a vacation day in for I can make my first ever trip to Jacksonville !

1 member likes this post: wildman92
5/26/15, 9:50 PM   #9
kdobson

Haven't had a lot of response to the bus trip. I'll call and get a price Wednesday and see how many it would take to make it reasonable. So far 4-5 have contacted me.

5/26/15, 10:27 PM   #10
chathamracefan

I'll be at Eldora that weekend for the Dream but I'll put in a plug for Barneys Pub in Jacksonville for you out of towers. Outstanding tenderloins and pizza. They also are a sponsor at the track.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville POWRi Midget Week Show Gets Bigger