IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > STARS- Letter from Patrick Wilda Sr.
5/27/15, 4:25 PM   #1
STARS- Letter from Patrick Wilda Sr.
STARS Racing

May 19, 2015

Dear Car Owner:

As most of you are aware my son Patrick Wilda, Jr. died in an industrial accident on January 30, 2015. Patrick’s love for midget racing knew no bounds. Since he started racing go-karts at the age of 9, he couldn’t wait to get to run midgets. At the age of 16 Patrick was living his dream and in 2004, he was voted UMARA Rookie of the Year. In 2005 Patrick was voted Most Popular Driver.
Patrick captured his only series win under the STARS banner at Grundy County Speedway on September 14, 2013 at the Night Before the NASCAR 400 event.
STARS has set Saturday May 30, 2015 as “A Night Honoring Patrick Wilda, Jr.” and the family has a number of special giveaways for fans and drivers alike.
I’m asking that you please join us with your driver and car this night as a tribute to my son, Patrick Wilda, Jr. Patrick loved everyone that was connected with midget auto racing and we want him to be smiling down at Grundy County Speedway on Saturday, May 30th.
We would love to see a great number of pavement cars on this special occasion and I ask that you confirm to me personally at 815-955-2811 of your attendance.
Thank you and we welcome your appearance.
Love,

Patrick Wilda, Sr.

6 members like this post: DonMoore10, maurertrucks0, Midget 89, mscs20, Task Force, Tom23
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > STARS- Letter from Patrick Wilda Sr.