IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week / IOW Members
7/8/14, 8:56 AM   #21
Re: Sprint Week / IOW Members
4th turn fan

LPS....Good call...

Let's make this " BILL GARDNER'S IOW SPRINT SPECTACULAR II " (twice this season ).....

7/8/14, 8:58 AM   #22
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Get your GF well Dirtybeer. There are a few other weekends that would be worth the trip. Aug1st-2nd BOSS Sprint's at Whitewater and Lawrenceburg. Also Oct Harvest of Sprints at Waynesfield and Sprintacular All Stars and Boss at Eldora.

7/8/14, 9:19 AM   #23
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th turn fan View Post
lps....good call...

Let's make this " bill gardner's iow sprint spectacular ii " (twice this season ).....
sprintacular ii

7/8/14, 9:57 AM   #24
cl124

Don't post on here much but read a lot, not sure how many of you have seen the post about the benefit for Sheila at TSS during sprint week. Seems to me like that would be a great opportunity to all get together and support a good cause at the same time. I have been close friends with Sheila my whole life and know she would greatly appreciate the company and support. Could even set up an IOW table or booth and sell the "extra shirts" there and donate the proceeds. I would certainly buy one.

2 members like this post: AB Racing, jaybird
7/8/14, 10:16 AM   #25
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Thanks Charles. Due to the long drive (min 5hrs) we like to do 2-3 race trips . Thanks for recommendations . She loves the burg so a trip to there scores high on wish list. We're considering 4 crown at eldora .

7/8/14, 10:25 AM   #26
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
Thanks Charles. Due to the long drive (min 5hrs) we like to do 2-3 race trips . Thanks for recommendations . She loves the burg so a trip to there scores high on wish list. We're considering 4 crown at eldora .
Lots of people do Gas City the night before USAC's day of the Four Crown. It's not real far from Eldora less than two hours but Non Wing.

7/8/14, 1:39 PM   #27
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_trackgurl006 View Post
Alright, so LPS everyone?! is that correct? IF so I will definitely wear my IOW shirt to LPS!! I will even advertise it on my facebook page and my photography page also!! Just a few more days and Indiana Sprint Week 2014 will be under way!!! I am looking forward to meeting more IOW members!!
Kasi
I do not have an IOW shirt unfortunately. However, I am making my first partial trip to Sprint week next week. I will be at THAT, LPS and Bloomington. Traveling alone, so it sure would be awesome to meet a whole bunch of you guys.

I actually debating throwing an idea out a few months ago when I decided to go to Sprint Week. Everyone get an oddball colored hat made (Maybe yellow) with your screen name printed on it somewhere. That way everyone in the crowd that is part of IOW would stand out! Maybe I should have thrown that idea out earlier. Oh well. Ideas for next year!

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, dirt_trackgurl006
7/8/14, 1:47 PM   #28
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth87 View Post
I do not have an IOW shirt unfortunately. However, I am making my first partial trip to Sprint week next week. I will be at THAT, LPS and Bloomington. Traveling alone, so it sure would be awesome to meet a whole bunch of you guys.

I actually debating throwing an idea out a few months ago when I decided to go to Sprint Week. Everyone get an oddball colored hat made (Maybe yellow) with your screen name printed on it somewhere. That way everyone in the crowd that is part of IOW would stand out! Maybe I should have thrown that idea out earlier. Oh well. Ideas for next year!
If there's a large group of people gathered at LPS and a lot of them are wearing IOW shirts, you won't be able to miss them at this track. Right behind the grandstands and in between it and the concession stand, is a huge concrete deck. With a perfect view of the track. It's the perfect place for meeting other fans. You'll see what I mean as soon as you walk in.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

2 members like this post: dirt_trackgurl006, i love dirt track racing
7/8/14, 3:24 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

A group of us will be sitting on the hill by the cemetetary prior to gate opening. Also at Terre Haute a large group hangs out under the shade trees beside the restrooms. Can't miss it.

Often there is whats known as "The Frolic Bar and Grill" after the races amongst the campers. BYOB but throughout the night tons of race fans pay a visit and even some drivers, team members and other forms of racing celebs stop by. Often goes till the Wee Hours.

Don't drink and drive, either camp or camp out in the car if your going to Frolic

2 members like this post: dirt_trackgurl006, i love dirt track racing
7/8/14, 4:34 PM   #30
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
A group of us will be sitting on the hill by the cemetetary prior to gate opening. Also at Terre Haute a large group hangs out under the shade trees beside the restrooms. Can't miss it.

Often there is whats known as "The Frolic Bar and Grill" after the races amongst the campers. BYOB but throughout the night tons of race fans pay a visit and even some drivers, team members and other forms of racing celebs stop by. Often goes till the Wee Hours.

Don't drink and drive, either camp or camp out in the car if your going to Frolic
I will be camping out both nights after THAT and LPS. So I will definitely stop by and join the Frolic. Love meeting new people through racing. Alright guys I gotta drop off this thread for a little while. My excitement is growing way too fast!

1 member likes this post: dirt_trackgurl006
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week / IOW Members