IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Slider20 (Offline)
  #11 11/26/19 11:01 PM
Now 200 laps there would be the gauntlet of open wheel racing! Lol.
grumpy racer (Offline)
  #12 11/27/19 10:18 AM
Indiana Sprint Week moving. I’m assuming since USAC is out West still and a meeting has not happened for car owners yet, this may have something to do with the Brickyard moving thus BC 39 moving thus ISW moving. Just a guess.
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, tirespinner
Theokayman (Offline)
  #13 11/27/19 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by grumpy racer:
Indiana Sprint Week moving. I’m assuming since USAC is out West still and a meeting has not happened for car owners yet, this may have something to do with the Brickyard moving thus BC 39 moving thus ISW moving. Just a guess.
My hope was that ISW would land at the Brickyard since the BC39 will be in early-July. Maybe keep the track around another couple of weeks?
grumpy racer (Offline)
  #14 11/27/19 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Theokayman:
My hope was that ISW would land at the Brickyard since the BC39 will be in early-July. Maybe keep the track around another couple of weeks?
If I’m reading this correctly. The track at speedway is way to small for sprint cars. It’s perfect for Midgets, but Sprint cars would be a terrible show. The track is a permanent structure they said at the BC39.
3 Likes: flagboy55, jim goerge, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #15 11/27/19 11:50 AM
ISW moving - do not lose sight that this is nothing official, just forum speculation based on what information we have before us.
5 Likes: flagboy55, jim goerge, jonboat15, racenut69, tirespinner
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #16 11/27/19 1:58 PM
The Kings Royal will be July 16-18. Moving ISW back to July 23-26 and July 29-Aug. 1 would avoid any conflict with the KR.
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Russ, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #17 11/27/19 3:45 PM
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan:
The Kings Royal will be July 16-18. Moving ISW back to July 23-26 and July 29-Aug. 1 would avoid any conflict with the KR.
Don't let logic get in the way of avoiding scheduling conflicts for these two events.
3 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan, racer-x, tirespinner
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #18 11/27/19 3:50 PM
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan:
It kinda seems that ISW and the royal are like comparing apples to oranges, I think there are enough fans to go around. I know where I'd rather be
5 Likes: addictedtodirt, jim goerge, K92, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
billw (Offline)
  #19 11/27/19 5:47 PM
Also Knoxville is july 10-11 I'd assume mid America midget week will be the following week then sprint week after that
2 Likes: opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
Jonr (Offline)
  #20 11/27/19 8:16 PM
Originally Posted by billw:
Also Knoxville is july 10-11 I'd assume mid America midget week will be the following week then sprint week after that
I think you are correct. There are two new marquee events that are moving that is causing issues with the schedule. (BC39 and Corn belt Nationals) I think finding dates to support those venues makes the most sense. I cannot wait for the schedules to officially come out in a couple of weeks.
3 Likes: flagboy55, nathans1012, Pat O'Connor Fan