IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > worse than facebook
1/27/17, 7:32 AM   #1
worse than facebook
david mitchell
Banned

I did not realize the dislike for NASCAR ran so deep. I thought I was looking at facebook and the ***** stuff. I just think this will get rid of the three hour , cruise along, wait until the last pitstop, then race stuff. It has to be better than that.WOW.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
1/27/17, 9:53 AM   #2
Re: worse than facebook
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

David You are pretty Lucky I see You have been a Member of this OPEN WHEEL Forum since 2014 There was a Time not so long ago You would have been Blasted for even making a comment about none Open Wheel Racing So don't take it to hard LOL!!!

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
1/27/17, 10:34 AM   #3
TQ29m

Oh yeh,i t's real, like Agar said, back when I enrolled, a long time ago, it was really bad, but then why not, it is Indiana Open Wheel, it's not really an "open racing forum". and pretty much that doesn't have a lot to do with non-wing sprint cars is looked down on too, I happen to like both midgets and sprints, having owned one or the other over the years, they are the "Bee's Knee's" so to speak, to be honest, I've been to one Nascar race, how long ago, well they were still running downtown Nashville if that tells you anything, and I haven't driven a bazillion miles to "watch" much else, we used to criss cross this Country to race go-karts for free, but yeh, it's pretty much a one dinger forum. ******** are really looked down on also, and rightfully so, it's like the old saying about opinions, and something else, everyone has one, more or less, as far as Facebook and all them other social media things out there, I don't go there, my trouble is limited. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 1/27/17 at 11:41 AM.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Simon_says17, turn4
1/27/17, 11:41 AM   #4
illinisprintfan

You gotta be careful around here. Not too long ago someone got called to task for talking about something going on outside of Indiana. He was told this was "Indiana" Open Wheel. The fact that the person doing the scolding wasn't from Indiana struck me as funny though.

6 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge, ronmil, Russ, TQ29m, trannyman
1/27/17, 11:46 AM   #5
TQ29m

What's WOW, never heard of that organization, is it open wheel or tin tops! Just had to do it, just read a funny about the devil, and he made me do it, keep listening in, or "copying the mail" as we used to call it in the days of the CB radios, it gets better, or worse! Bob

1/27/17, 1:33 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
You gotta be careful around here. Not too long ago someone got called to task for talking about something going on outside of Indiana. He was told this was "Indiana" Open Wheel. The fact that the person doing the scolding wasn't from Indiana struck me as funny though.
Yeah, It was off topic, Because it was click bait to his opinion on another site. In which he said, If you don't agree with me, Your a idiot.

Not a discussion to be had here.
smh. Sorry it came out wrong.

As for Nascar, They got nobody but themselves to blame. It's like a magic "FIX" is going to make the product better or get the half the fans they had back.

If it's better, I'll say so. If it's not, I'll turn it off.
I don't think that making segments is going to make the racing any better, Mainly due to the cars themselves. Unless they got downforce on the nose. the leader has a huge advantage. On the restrictor plate tracks. The leader just jumps in front of the line thats moving. I could be wrong. I just feel them messing with the points, creating a playoff was never about better racing, But to conform to a sponsors wishes.

Unhook the cars. Then you'll see some racing.
I did like the idea of limiting amount of tires.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 1/27/17 at 1:39 PM.

3 members like this post: FALCONEDDIE, mc/rider, oppweld
1/27/17, 7:16 PM   #7
Mrs G
Administrator

Worse than Facebook? I think not but then again everyone has their own opinion. IOW does have a few features similar to Facebook though:

1). You can choose to read and like those threads/posts you agree with.
2). You can choose to use the Ignore Member feature to hide the opinions of those you may not agree with.
3). This is a free membership and accounts can be deactivated at any time if you are unhappy. If you need help with this process, just say the word and I'll be happy to help.
4). We attempt to keep all objectionable messages off the forum; however, encourage you to "Report a Post" if you feel a post violates forum rules.
5). The site administrator and moderators will be the ones to determine whether a thread is inappropriate.

Mrs G

1/29/17, 8:24 PM   #8
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
I did not realize the dislike for NASCAR ran so deep. I thought I was looking at facebook and the ***** stuff. I just think this will get rid of the three hour , cruise along, wait until the last pitstop, then race stuff. It has to be better than that.WOW.
I'm sorry you think you got an FB reaction, but this is the, "Indiana OPEN wheel" forum, NOT nascrap.com. I left 4m to get away from that stuff because it brings a type of fan that is a lot of times there just to cause turmoil. Matter of fact 4m did away with their whole nascar fan section. If you enjoy nascar, more power to you and I bare you no ill will, but a lot of people who once followed the France Family Circus no longer support it because we feel they abandoned us in favor of corporate money and wwf type story line with semi-dictated outcomes. I refuse to devote anymore of my time and money supporting an organization that no longer wants to be associated with blue collar America or put forth a product that resembles any sort of honest racing. Brian France masterminded his Frankenstein creation, hope he enjoys the fruits of his betrayal. Have a good night and don't forget to support your local dirt track and take a kid to see some real races.

6 members like this post: dirt330, FALCONEDDIE, ISF, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > worse than facebook