IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 USAC Sprint schedule
12/13/13, 7:28 AM   #21
Re: 2014 USAC Sprint schedule
johnnythunderhead
Banned

as long as there's racing near I-84 I'm a happy camper

12/13/13, 8:21 AM   #22
brian2h

dam taxi cabs pay the bills. lol pay 10000 to win get 200 mods or u get 30 sprint cars kinda a no brainer plus when we went to deer creek for the big mod race good luck finding a seat the place was packed and the camp grounds to. and if u drop that chip on ur shoulders against mods u would no why it was packed darn good racing. i love sprint cars but im a bigger fan of good racing and i dont care if its gocarts or thunder cars. it will be worth ur trip to deer creek that place is top notch and the owners and fans up there r second to none. im ready

12/13/13, 9:18 AM   #23
racen857

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 20

The eastern storm looks good this year. They are missing what I think would be the best track of the tour though. Path Valley for some reason is not on the list. i sent an email to see if I can find out why.

Oh yeah there is open invite for the Lburg crew (you know who you are) for the Storm. Friday being open could be the USAC/ IOW party on the hill.

2 members like this post: Danny Burton, FishBurger
12/13/13, 12:24 PM   #24
Stealth87

Really glad to see the Sprints coming to Superior but it really is a long haul. Northern WI has some really really great dirt tracks. I have watched winged sprint cars at Deer Creek and I believe that will be a great show. Would have liked to see Cedar Lake Speedway in there somewhere (between Superior and Deer Creek). Also, I know Angell Park has not produced the best show for the sprint cars, but this year may be a different story. Hearing rumors that they will be removing the inside guardrail, and possibly making the track a little wider. Both of which I believe would make the sprint cars a little more fun to watch. Either way, glad to see a few shows in Wisconsin! Have already taken some PTO!

1 member likes this post: racegal
12/13/13, 4:53 PM   #25
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Once again in 2014 we Illini don't get a USAC sprint car race. I shouldn't be surprised since the mud taxi's have a stranglehold on racing activities over here in The Land O' Lincoln and crooked politicians. But, it's still a bit depressing to think that USAC and not one track promoter in Illiniland can get together and try to make a buck or two hosting a USAC wingless sprint car race.

Oh well, it serves for us to treasure our Silver Crown and Midget dates along with the Terre Haute shows that much more.
I would think a THAT, Granite City, Clay County trio would be a hit at labor day weekend leading up the the Crown race in DuQuoin.

6 members like this post: 17B, bigvee, billwill7, ISF, racenut69, ThrowbackRacingTeam
12/13/13, 8:36 PM   #26
kcarm92

how come nobody is complaining yet that L.P.S has a show on july 4th against bloomington reg. show plus fireworks

12/14/13, 3:51 PM   #27
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth87 View Post
Really glad to see the Sprints coming to Superior but it really is a long haul. Northern WI has some really really great dirt tracks. I have watched winged sprint cars at Deer Creek and I believe that will be a great show. Would have liked to see Cedar Lake Speedway in there somewhere (between Superior and Deer Creek). Also, I know Angell Park has not produced the best show for the sprint cars, but this year may be a different story. Hearing rumors that they will be removing the inside guardrail, and possibly making the track a little wider. Both of which I believe would make the sprint cars a little more fun to watch. Either way, glad to see a few shows in Wisconsin! Have already taken some PTO!
Changes to the track at Angell Park? Sounds good but any info on who is running the place as of Jan. 1st?

1 member likes this post: Jonr
12/14/13, 7:24 PM   #28
Augie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Changes to the track at Angell Park? Sounds good but any info on who is running the place as of Jan. 1st?
Maybe it's your turn?

2 members like this post: racegal, Tim Watson
12/14/13, 10:19 PM   #29
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Not sure of who exactly is running it. I believe Kenny Brown will still be doing the promoting. Sounds like Fireman's Nationals has been moved to 4th of July weekend. Also sounds like IRA sprint cars will be making an appearance this year as well...

12/14/13, 11:10 PM   #30
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
Superior??!!!!!
Thought you'd like that one!

steiny

1 member likes this post: racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 USAC Sprint schedule