IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
captrat (Offline)
  #1 7/5/16 2:35 PM
OK I am back in the world of cable TV. I turn on several channels and I can get sports car racing from Australia, dirt late models, drags on land, sand, and water, Motocross, boring ASCS, cliff diving, hot dog eating, lawn mower racing, the Tour de France, Off Road, Rally, nameless sports car races from various American venues, hours of soccer and Wimbledon tractor pulls,etc, just to name a few. This is not to disparage any of these events, but why in the hell does non-wing sprint cars get barely a whiff of TV exposure.

The old excuse was the production expenses were the big problem. So I guess getting events from Australia, and other remote places around the world and country are much cheaper than Kokomo or any other similar venue.

IMHO a little bit of this would help in the never ending pursuit of new, youthful fans to our sport. They might realize that non-wing racing is a lot like drifting but with real passing and competition. Yes, I understand that many young people get much of their entertainment info from the internet, etc. Loudpedal and others do a great job, but this primarily targets those already enthusiasts.

Finally, as to what little sprint car racing is on TV, it is almost always of a winged variety. Usually very little real action, boring to watch and probably does more harm than good.

God, I miss Australian Rules Football!
2 Likes: jim goerge, TQ29m
jim goerge (Offline)
  #2 7/5/16 4:33 PM
Captrat I hope you get MavTV as if you do you get Dirty 30 which mostly shows non wing sprints from tracks in Indiana
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #3 7/5/16 5:41 PM
Everything you mentioned has a sponsor that covers the production. Obviously Mav Tv is going to show as many events as possible that are tied in to Lucas Oil. At one time.... That could have been USAC....but that deal fell through for whatever reason.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #4 7/5/16 5:54 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
OK I am back in the world of cable TV. I turn on several channels and I can get sports car racing from Australia, dirt late models, drags on land, sand, and water, Motocross, boring ASCS, cliff diving, hot dog eating, lawn mower racing, the Tour de France, Off Road, Rally, nameless sports car races from various American venues, hours of soccer and Wimbledon tractor pulls,etc, just to name a few. This is not to disparage any of these events, but why in the hell does non-wing sprint cars get barely a whiff of TV exposure.

The old excuse was the production expenses were the big problem. So I guess getting events from Australia, and other remote places around the world and country are much cheaper than Kokomo or any other similar venue.

IMHO a little bit of this would help in the never ending pursuit of new, youthful fans to our sport. They might realize that non-wing racing is a lot like drifting but with real passing and competition. Yes, I understand that many young people get much of their entertainment info from the internet, etc. Loudpedal and others do a great job, but this primarily targets those already enthusiasts.

Finally, as to what little sprint car racing is on TV, it is almost always of a winged variety. Usually very little real action, boring to watch and probably does more harm than good.

God, I miss Australian Rules Football!
You can still get Aussie Rules FB on the internet.....its in the middle of the night though.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
racer-x (Offline)
  #5 7/5/16 6:31 PM
I won't have to worry after the next ******** cause if Hillary or Trumpertantrom are your picks for president I'm selling all my TV's.

We all should enjoy the races this year...