IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015
10/1/14, 1:48 PM   #121
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
So winning pays less than hauling the car there, Paying three or four pit passes and fuel in the car.

Other than motor and spec tires. Everything else is the same and same cost as a full up 410 and a couple grand in wings if you crash.

Sounds Legit.
But that's the case with almost all support/development series. No where here in the east are they running as a top division. PASS has been running since 1998 and there are two other 305 groups in the PA, New Jersey are. There must be somewhere around 80 to 90 registered RaceSaver Sprints between the three groups. They must be doing something right.

2 members like this post: KKinser99, PIT CART
10/1/14, 1:56 PM   #122
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Now there are a few better paying 305 races in the area. Port Royal is running their Blue Collar Classic next Saturday for the Keystone RaceSaver interregional 305s. They will be paying $1,000 to win and $400 to start. They pulled 53 cars for this race last year.

1 member likes this post: KKinser99
10/1/14, 2:53 PM   #123
Bill May

This is basically the purse (PAS) for the last 10 to 12 spots for the 410's, usually, over 1/2 the field, if you are not in the top 5 or so, you lose money each time you race, regardless of class.

This class is for FUN, you pay for your FUN, apparently, some people just don't (refuse to) get it.

Bill May
Last edited by Bill May; 10/1/14 at 3:50 PM. Reason: grammer correcting

4 members like this post: bzneil, DAD, PIT CART, Russ
10/1/14, 3:38 PM   #124
sp6967

French grimes has it made.

10/1/14, 4:01 PM   #125
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill May View Post
This is basically the purse for the last 10 to 12 spots for the 410's, usually, over 1/2 the field, if you are not in the top 5 or so, you lose money each time you race, regardless of class.

This class is for FUN, you pay for your FUN, apparently, some people just don't (refuse to) get it.

Bill May
Bill

So what you are saying is >>if a guy could win or at least finish up front every feature at Bloomington in a 410 sprint for the season he would have a positive cash flow like racing for a living? And the 305's are for fun, like Mini Sprints. >>> I see said the blind man.

Looking that purse over it looks pretty good to me. The thing that has always been hard for me to figure out is a front axle assembly for a sprint is much cheaper than one for a Midget. Guess they do it with volume.

Honest Dad himself

10/1/14, 4:51 PM   #126
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

There lies the question, Why is everyone BUYING front ends, Nerfs etc and other things you could save on without sacrificing safety. Even if you don't have a machine shop or welder, Most have a uncle or friend who do, Hey, Lets go spend another 4-500 on a front Axel. You Could build the thing for 125, Better yet, Make five of em and have spares.

They all complain how expensive it is, Then throw the car in the trailer without bleeding the cylinders etc YEAH BUDDY That motor will last 30 races, NOT!

Buy their fuel and parts at the track and spend a third more for it.

Then wonder why they went broke so fast........

I don't have a dog, But I've been around a couple long time operations, Yeah, they still lose money, Just not as fast.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/1/14 at 4:52 PM.

10/1/14, 5:33 PM   #127
DAD

Charles

After you have succeeded in making your "Small Fortune" out of racing you go "Broke"

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
10/1/14, 6:07 PM   #128
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I didn't intend to badmouth anyone and I know you lose without either a great sponsor or lots of it. A plan of attack could save a ton on what some teams are spending. I know its not cheap by any means.

10/1/14, 8:53 PM   #129
Dgentry51

I was seriously contemplating on building an engine to run at Btown, but w/a payout like that nowadays due to mileage you would have to live in Bloomington to be able to break even, if you win. I seriously doubt that anyone more than 50 miles would do this week in and week out.( my. 02¢ worth, and now I'm done)

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, HurstBros0, jim goerge, KKinser99
10/1/14, 9:02 PM   #130
DAD

Dg

Our problem would be Friday night, not good night for an out of town working stiff.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Dgentry51
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015