IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Hustler
9/18/23, 11:24 AM   #51
Re: Haubstadt Hustler
bigvee

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 40

Maybe instead of the police being involved they should have called a social worker

5 members like this post: cmakin, Dale, dkdorkboy, mtek56, opnwhlmnd
9/18/23, 11:32 AM   #52
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Brent where were you sitting??? I didn’t think TSS had obstructed view seating. Am I the only one that saw Ballou pass the yellow team cars and have to get back around Pursley to win hist heat? I believe KTJ started 9th/10th and moved thru to challenge and that didn’t happen in the last 10 laps. Kyle Cummins was moving forward all nite while in a tough battle with Garrett, Rodgers, and Carson Short. You must have had obstructed view to miss that. You want to blame the format yet Bacon wired the field this year at THAT using the Usac format. How many Usac races have been won from the front row this year? Off of the top I believe Bacon at THAT and Macon. Grant at GC and Burg. I might be missing something as well.
The surface was great, the racing was intense, and the stands were packed. Can’t ***** about farming, or the time zone since they ran it quick either. Well done Tri State Speedway!!
I’ll pass along the answer I receive from them about the multi day show as I did inquire about it.
Try a new seat next year if you missed all of that action where you were last nite.
Twist it how you want. The Gas City race that Grant won, he wasn't even leading when they took the white flag. Not like he started up front and was never challenged. The racing at Macon was stellar all night both nights. The problem with discussing anything with you is, you can't be objective. You just want to hurl insults and hide behind your keyboard.
I am glad you talked to Tommy about your idea of a multi day show. I have talked to him several times, and he has always been great. I actually like Tri State. Every track has good races and bad races. As I said before not every baseball game ends 3 to 2. I am sorry, I did not think it was a very good race. It happens.
One thing I like about the USAC format is to start in that top six, you have to pass in your heat. I like passing. Did you just come out for one race? If so, you missed a real good race at Circle City.

1 member likes this post: Vookie
9/18/23, 12:05 PM   #53
progressive22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
There was a misdemeanor assault charge. In Gibson County jail on $1300 bond.
Gentry was charged with misdemeanor battery. Battery(actual contact to victim) is a charge a step above assault (threat of contact) I know from experience. LOL

4 members like this post: cmakin, Dale, interpreter66, oppweld
9/18/23, 1:07 PM   #54
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
From my seat in front of the TV it appeared that Gentry ran over the wheel of a slower car, a racing accident. That little bop with the steering wheel probably damaged an expensive helmet as it was more than a love tap. As much as I hate to say it, I kind of assumed there could be an assault charge against Gentry for his actions. Its a shame that it happened and then carried into the pits.
If that little bop would have caused his helmet to be damaged he better buy a better helmet.What kind of damage do you think a 100mph rock does to a helmet and yet they last all season.

9/18/23, 5:37 PM   #55
jonboat15

[QUOTE=CRA91;568624]If that little bop would have caused his helmet to be damaged he better buy a better helmet.What kind of damage do you think a 100mph rock does to a helmet and yet they last all season.[/QUOTE
Maybe if your head would have been in that helmet you would feel different. Not sure if you watched the replay? Have you ever read helmet manufactures instructions, ever personally been in a situation like that?

9/18/23, 5:47 PM   #56
leftrear

I watched the replay several times he did not go to town on him at all. He could have hit him way way harder. I watched the heat race that the 2r was in and the b and he was really not on the camera at all so he was just running in the back trying to get seat time. It looked like in the heat he pulled in when the leader caught him. He was probably trying to do the same in the B when things went south. Whether he was a moving chicane or Gentry just misjudged things because of the speed difference we will never know. If all he got was a tap on the helmet and Gentry destroyed a car I think he came out ahead.

3 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, oppweld, RedRacer07
9/18/23, 5:57 PM   #57
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Nothing happened in the pits. The arrest was based on the 2 taps to the helmet after requesting police for a report. If he was hurt like he claims, then a good defense attorney would question why he finished the last 2 laps of the B. Stated he felt like he was gonna lose consciousness to the police, but still able to finish the race. He got hit harder with dirt while on the track!

5 members like this post: CRA91, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, oppweld, PIT CART
9/18/23, 6:13 PM   #58
CRA91

[quote=jonboat15;568629]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA91 View Post
If that little bop would have caused his helmet to be damaged he better buy a better helmet.What kind of damage do you think a 100mph rock does to a helmet and yet they last all season.[/QUOTE
Maybe if your head would have been in that helmet you would feel different. Not sure if you watched the replay? Have you ever read helmet manufactures instructions, ever personally been in a situation like that?
Yes I've seen the replay and trust me my head has been in a helmet that has been hit a heck of a lot harder than that and yes I know the manufactures instructions.
I've had my fair amount of altercations though out 44 yrs of being involved in the sport,but then again I also started in the sport when someone could come over to you and smack you in the mouth and you just wrote it off as lesson learned and didn't file charges over it.

9/18/23, 7:23 PM   #59
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Twist it how you want. The Gas City race that Grant won, he wasn't even leading when they took the white flag. Not like he started up front and was never challenged. The racing at Macon was stellar all night both nights. The problem with discussing anything with you is, you can't be objective. You just want to hurl insults and hide behind your keyboard.
I am glad you talked to Tommy about your idea of a multi day show. I have talked to him several times, and he has always been great. I actually like Tri State. Every track has good races and bad races. As I said before not every baseball game ends 3 to 2. I am sorry, I did not think it was a very good race. It happens.
One thing I like about the USAC format is to start in that top six, you have to pass in your heat. I like passing. Did you just come out for one race? If so, you missed a real good race at Circle City.
Twist it how I like? This coming from the King of spin. Oh I apologize was that a hurled insult too? Brent I learned many years ago that discussing things with people like you are not possible. I figured you out long ago. The hide behind the keyboard thing that you keep mentioning is laughable as well. Fortunately for me I have discussed many of the boards topics in a face to face atmosphere with other members. You clearly take exception to me because I still don’t herald you as the folk hero of this board. We have debated many topics here. Most we disagree, and a few we see common ground.
As for your question about Circle City, yes I was there. Surprised if you were as there were two push start divisions and another support class. Something you mentioned this summer that you stay away from. The surface was a typical Sargeant promotion. If you think Seavey winning from again the front row after giving up the lead for 6 laps to the driving Miss Daisy special, then blasting the lip for one turn is great, then again we disagree. I was impressed with how Bacon from 11th and even more Ballou from 14th figured out how to pass cars on that disgrace. You never did say where you sat at Haubstadt to miss all of the things happened out there. The cynic in me thinks you weren’t there and based your assessment on Flo only filming the leader. I could be wrong and that’s ok. I have been before.

4 members like this post: ossuks, progressive22, Rapid Rick, snowdrift
9/18/23, 7:36 PM   #60
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

[quote=CRA91;568632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post

Yes I've seen the replay and trust me my head has been in a helmet that has been hit a heck of a lot harder than that and yes I know the manufactures instructions.
I've had my fair amount of altercations though out 44 yrs of being involved in the sport,but then again I also started in the sport when someone could come over to you and smack you in the mouth and you just wrote it off as lesson learned and didn't file charges over it.
There should have been a couple of "Bob Kinser Etiquette Lessons" issued!

4 members like this post: CRA91, interpreter66, snowdrift, Speedmax3
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Hustler