IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #1 9/8/14 8:17 AM
This Saturday Night at Lawrenceburg Speedway is going to be one you won't want to miss. This is the final points night and Joss Moffatt and Shawn Westerfeld are tied for the lead heading into the last race for points. Who will be your 2014 Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprint Car Champion? www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com
9 Likes: bullring fan, Charles Nungester, dirt330, FishBurger, Gregg, LUCKYONE, rapid robert, RichH, Steve Cruea
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #2 9/8/14 3:47 PM
It's also race club night!! Free admission for the race clubs.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, LUCKYONE
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 9/8/14 4:27 PM
Champions night is always a memorable race for me. A happy time, As it crowns a new or rarely repeat champion in each division. A time I look back on years from now and can say, I seen that, I was there!

From back in the 70s Where Wilkerson, Gaines, Gilstrap, Danny Smith and Kerry Norris took home one or more championships. To the 80s dominatid by Gregg Stabb but who was always contested and sometimes beaten by Norris, Kevin Huntley, Leon Thickston and Denny Martini and then the 90s With Larry Bland, Shields, Randy Kinser, Sheldon Kinser Jr. and Pete Abel.. 2000s saw Jason Setzer, Austin King, Boss Champ contender Magic Man Mike Miller, Dickie Gaines, Kevin Besecker in the 15 Beserker Special, Brandon Petty, Boss Champ Tony Beaber, Joss Moffatt in 07 on the old track and in 09 on the new surface with a strong championship in 08 won by Jimmy Light. Rounded out by Andrew Elson in the 27 Elson Special. The 20teens started with a strong battle that came down to champions night and Chad Boespflug driving underneath a flipping John Memmer in the Simon/Boespflug special to steal the championship from Memmer, 2012 saw Logan Hupp claim the top spot and 2013 saw now no secret C.J. Leary take the championship after a couple wins and strong runs put him at the top of the ladder.

2014 now sees Joss Moffatt contend for a third and only accomplished by less than handful drivers championship against super strong Shawn Westerfeld who's led the points chase most of the year only to have a difficult night at the Dick Gaines Memorial allowing Moffatt to close and tie for the champ lead.

Who will come out on top?
The Answer is simple. The one who finishes in front of the other. ON this night as the slate is wiped clean. Even Points, Even money.

MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!

My history starts in the 70s but Im always happy to talk to those who seen the late 50s and 60s racing with Roy Robbins, Gaines, Wilkerson, Gilstrap, Ross Smith, Cecil Beavers, Bob Kinser etc. I was fortunate to see several of them race but several of them I didn't get the chance too.

See you saturday!

Charles Nungester
7 Likes: FishBurger, i love dirt track racing, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, mtek56, Ricks Pics, Steve Cruea
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #4 9/9/14 9:10 AM
The weather is going to be absolutely beautiful this Saturday! I love the fall! See you all soon.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, LUCKYONE
smith19 (Offline)
  #5 9/9/14 9:58 AM
i still have the gilstrap/smith championship trophy. (1975)

CHRIS SMITH
6 Likes: BillyG, Charles Nungester, FishBurger, Gregg, i love dirt track racing, SPRINTCAR
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #6 9/9/14 9:35 PM
Awesome, what a cool item to have.
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #7 9/10/14 10:02 PM
3 more days!
smith19 (Offline)
  #8 9/11/14 1:34 PM
the pic in my avatar is the winning car/track/driver/year...

CHRIS SMITH
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 9/11/14 6:03 PM
Good news is, Im working, Bad news is I walked into a place working 70hrs a week till at least the 26th Good news is Good $$$

Bad news, Start time 5am, Know better than to risk loosing work but hopefully I'll make the LBurg Nationals.

Id like to thank Dave and Kim Rudisell for whats been a absolute miserable year, A tolerable one! With some good times mixed in THANK YOU You go absolutely above and beyond and hopefully Im back set with good work, good car and next year full time RACING!

Not sure on 4 crown looks like I might have to work that too, But If I can salvage LBurg Nationals, Harvest of Sprints and spintacular I'll call this season Salvaged with 15 attended, Less than half what Im used too but Like I said, Good people made most of them possible.

Charles Nungester
6 Likes: FishBurger, Gregg, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, mtek56, racing2bwithu2
cecil98 (Offline)
  #10 9/11/14 6:11 PM
Looks like we're going to pull our sprinter out of the moth balls and bring it down.... hopefully it will start???!!!! Craig & Brad Stevens
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, FishBurger, rapid robert, smith19