IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Klepper (Offline)
  #11 4/9/11 1:00 PM
Jim is a really great guy and i hope he gets better soon.

rk
bigmojo5
  #12 4/10/11 1:48 AM
I'd like to thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes.

The last couple of days have been rather sobering for me. My kidneys are failing and I must go on dialysis very quickly. In a nutshell, after my hospital stay in January it appeared my kidneys were healing themselves, but last month this reversed and my creatinine numbers almost droubled. My kidney doctor said the kidneys just stopped healing themslves. Dialysis is no longer a possibility but a necessity.

There are two ways to go -- the traditional method of going to a dialysis center every other day for four hours or another that can be done at home, but must be done each night. Supposedly, the second option offers a lot more flexibility but there are risks and it requires six to eight hours to complete. No more getting home from the races at 2 a.m., and being in the office at 8. No more leaving a race track at 11 p.m., and considering it a pretty good night while I drive home two hours from Knoxville, or Burlington, or Davenport. No 24 Hours of Eldora.

I will know more on Wednesday when I "tour" a dialysis center.

Several in the TQ racing crowd will remember Dick Dwenger. He was always an inspiration to me as he battled kidney disease for several years. Remembering how well he dealt with things has been a great encouragement to me.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #13 4/10/11 2:15 AM
Big Jim will be in my thought and prayers. Hang in there buddy
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #14 4/10/11 8:16 AM
Hang in there Jim!!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Knoke77 (Offline)
  #15 4/10/11 8:38 AM
Jim, you have always been a great friend at the track and away from the track. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong!!

Jason Knoke
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #16 4/10/11 1:10 PM
Stay strong Jim! I'll keep you in my thoughts!

treecitytornado (Offline)
  #17 4/10/11 3:56 PM
Jim,

I always enjoy our conversations when we see each other. We had a good time talking at the IMIS Show for sure! You are in my prayers!

J.T. Stapp
Posted via Mobile Device
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #18 4/10/11 4:46 PM
Thinking of you here, Jim. Hope you get on the road to recovery soon.

Don Moore
TQ29m (Offline)
  #19 4/10/11 8:14 PM
Same here Jim, keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, Santa's got a job to do, for himself, get well ole pal. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
STP (Offline)
  #20 4/11/11 11:12 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you, Jim, for the best outcome possible and that you are still able to enjoy what you love.