IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
LocalYokel (Offline)
  #1 1/16/16 12:52 AM
Can anyone explain the Alex Shanks/Shane Cockrum "incedent" at tonites Chili Bowl race?

You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #2 1/16/16 1:04 AM
Just saw a tweet from the chili bowl account that cockrum has been dq'd for posing as another driver.
xoxide (Offline)
  #3 1/16/16 1:16 AM
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

What a shame
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #4 1/16/16 1:44 AM
20A-Alex Shanks...The 20a was found out to be Shane Cockrum, not Alex Shanks. Because of this, Shane has been DQ'd for the 2016 Chili Bowl Nationals.

Shane raced his race the other night.

Charles Nungester
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 1/16/16 1:48 AM
Oh come on, Back when some sanctions had terms racing with other groups. Surnames were all the rage. Luck Warmwater, Smoke Johnson, Hoolio Jones etc were quite popular drivers

They got caught. That is all. I find it kinda funny, But I guess if your the guy getting bumped, It isn't so much. Shane simply tweeted "WHERES THE ACTUAL RULE BOOK?"

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: jim goerge, motorhead748
Vukie (Offline)
  #6 1/16/16 1:48 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
20A-Alex Shanks...The 20a was found out to be Shane Cockrum, not Alex Shanks. Because of this, Shane has been DQ'd for the 2016 Chili Bowl Nationals.

Shane raced his race the other night.
The team should be bounced too.
6 Likes: AsPhEit, bn kleen, Bobv, fish, jim goerge, spicoli
Vukie (Offline)
  #7 1/16/16 1:56 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Oh come on, Back when some sanctions had terms racing with other groups. Surnames were all the rage. Luck Warmwater, Hoolio Jones etc were quite popular drivers

They got caught. That is all.
Bill Holland got a long suspension from AAA for driving a pace car at a non AAA race. This was after he won the 500.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, dirtball, fish, jim goerge, ronmil
Tom23 (Offline)
  #8 1/16/16 2:04 AM
It wouldn't be such a big deal but it screwed someone else out of tonight's A main
10 Likes: Bobv, ByronMack, Charles Nungester, dirtball, DirtHawk92, fish, Indy1808, jim goerge, Sandy Lowe, turn4
DirtHawk92 (Offline)
  #9 1/16/16 10:01 AM
Was he wearing a "Wig and Sunglasses?" Ala Johnny Manziel... Wow!! Y would u even put yourself in this type of situation? Immoral... Take a page from the tennis match where one player told the other player the ball was inbounds(told him to challenge it) All falls around SPORTSMANSHIP here fellas...Cockrums actions classless...Like no one was going to recognize U??!!
Vukie (Offline)
  #10 1/16/16 11:07 AM
I remember when Fred Flintstone raced under the name of Goggles Paesano. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmQoWQb4tx0
10 Likes: Charles Nungester, Crankin, DirtHawk92, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, kinser, mc/rider, Puppy, ronmil, tqracer53