IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
DJlives (Offline)
  #1 12/18/23 3:23 PM
Reprise of Crucean/Mahoney Movie Parties 1/19/24 USAC office. Free registration. The event benefits RaceAid. No donation required but would be appreciated. John hasrecreated a new/retro Sprint Car Pictorial tee-shirt which can be ordered and USAC's Rich Forman is putting together a modern version of a last Sprint Car Pictorial which John and Gene put out for 15 years starting in 1968. Free Refreshments - Movies - past and present heroes on hand. Go to USACracing.com look for the RaceAid tab at the top of the page and it is pretty easy to follow from there. Should be fun
14 Likes: Bobcat47, BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, openwheelfan1, oppweld, PAW, tirespinner, treecitytornado
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #2 12/18/23 3:49 PM
I sure wish I didn’t live almost 300 miles away! I’d be at this in a heartbeat! For those that go, enjoy!
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, tirespinner
DJlives (Offline)
  #3 12/19/23 11:25 AM
Please note title is wrong 1/19...
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
Hubie48 (Offline)
  #4 1/19/24 8:11 AM
Bump

This is today, Friday January 19th. I know the thread title is screwed up but this is actually today, Friday the 19th
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
DJlives (Offline)
  #5 1/19/24 12:12 PM
Free snacks, free beverages and some unbelievably cool silent auction items. Throwback tees. New retro sprint car pictorial, retro shirt
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #6 1/19/24 1:05 PM
In spite of the stupid weather we’re going to be heading down I 65 shortly to celebrate this adventure. I feel very fortunate to be able to call Gene Crucean and John Mahoney friends. Part of my charmed racing life. I never was a star at anything but sure have done a lot in racing. Gene was a big part of the journey
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, openwheelfan1, oppweld, Speedmax3
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #7 1/19/24 1:59 PM
Heading down. If I ever finish getting things cleaned up from the snow.
5 Likes: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 1/20/24 5:58 PM
Last night was a real good time. Good visiting with a lot of people.
4 Likes: cowboyhar69, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #9 1/21/24 2:17 PM
You are a hundred percent correct Brent. Was an epic night for me. Always a pleasure to visit with you and your wife, and also KO. But to catch up with Alderson, and Gene and John, I couldn’t have asked for more. I found it surprising that both Crucean and Mahoney seemed genuinely humbled by the turn out. Under better conditions I’ll bet there would’ve been twice as many. I’m sure anyone that has ever flipped through A Sprint Car Pictorial is grateful
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Hustlin-Hoosier, LUCKYONE, mlamb, Moreland76, openwheelfan1, tirespinner, Vookie, Will Shunk