IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg’s “fall nationals” set to unfold saturday
10/14/15, 6:34 PM   #11
flagboy55

Thought I saw on twitter that the burg is paying a 1k bonus to the highest finishing outlaw regular that runs with usac Saturday. One can only hope that a few of them go after it!

10/14/15, 6:50 PM   #12
Re: Usac: Lawrenceburg’s “fall nationals” set to unfold satu
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Thought I saw on twitter that the burg is paying a 1k bonus to the highest finishing outlaw regular that runs with usac Saturday. One can only hope that a few of them go after it!

1K to the highest OUTLAW REGULAR, And there is a Award for the highest average finish of both shows. Prosource has also put 1,100 for quick time Saturday.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Wingman
10/14/15, 7:56 PM   #13
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I'll probably have to skip this one. The person who was going to ride shotgun has another commitment, and I don't want to make a seven hour round trip solo. Hard to find consistent right front passengers down here in Evansville since my wife's health doesn't permit her to attend many races anymore. She really misses seeing Dave Darland and all the guys race, and Lawrenceburg is one of her favorite tracks.
I struggle to find people to go as well since my father passed several years ago. My brothers have other commitments. My problem is the opposite. I live in KY so would love to see a majority of the tri-state shows. But don't want to make the 6 HR round trip solo. Plus not many sprint car fans in KY. They love fenders around here. I consider the burg my home track and my favorite as well. Sorry to hear about your wife but understand completely.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
10/14/15, 9:07 PM   #14
flagboy55

What do you guys think? Think any of the outlaws will take the lids off? I know that they are committed to certain things, but if I am a professional racer and can race again without any travel cost, it seems like a no brainer. Especially with no conflicting wing race

10/14/15, 10:11 PM   #15
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Planning to make the trek across state Saturday with a carload of warm clothes. Probably my last race until the Florida season starts.

10/14/15, 10:22 PM   #16
Beinthecircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
What do you guys think? Think any of the outlaws will take the lids off? I know that they are committed to certain things, but if I am a professional racer and can race again without any travel cost, it seems like a no brainer. Especially with no conflicting wing race
No brainer? Take the chance of destroying your World of Outlaw car....highly doubt many WOO drivers would use their cars for a USAC show.

10/14/15, 10:32 PM   #17
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
1K to the highest OUTLAW REGULAR, And there is a Award for the highest average finish of both shows. Prosource has also put 1,100 for quick time Saturday.
Actually the Safety crew put up $1000. Pro Source put up $100

10/14/15, 10:33 PM   #18
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

You will be surprised! All I will say.

10/14/15, 11:27 PM   #19
flagboy55

Mr.circle, what racer of that caliber thinks of destroying a race car? I could see if it was a local show but not with most of the best non wingers in the country. I would say they have no better chance of tearing stuff up than they do at any other race. They will be competing against the same type of racer, only no wings.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, interpreter66
10/15/15, 7:14 AM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinthecircle View Post
No brainer? Take the chance of destroying your World of Outlaw car....highly doubt many WOO drivers would use their cars for a USAC show.
Doesn't say it has to be their car. Haud has driven this race three of the last four years with Hoffmans backup and Walkers cars.

Chris Bell while not full time runs both. Thorson, Courtney, Ballou,Hines, Hunter Percent Todd Kane, Spithaler and a few others all drive both.

IDK how many WoO regulars will run Sat. I imagine a few will try. 11-12k to win it if your a WoO driver.

Rico, Haud's, and Clauson are doing the Trophy Cup so they won't be there but most of the WoO plus many ASCOC, Mowa, OVSC and FAST series
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/15/15 at 7:45 AM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg’s “fall nationals” set to unfold saturday