IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question about wash plugs
12/30/15, 12:37 AM   #1
Question about wash plugs
fasster23

I am looking for injector wash plugs for 2.5" traditional Kinsler. All I can find are the red plastic cups. Does anyone know of anything that seals with an o-ring?

12/30/15, 12:44 AM   #2
xoxide

The red cups seal nice. I use them to wash mine. The other option is to use king/br Motorsports wash plugs.... They're kind of pricey but seal with a o ring and are super nice/cool looking anodized aluminum with spark plug/nozzle holders built in

12/30/15, 2:00 AM   #3
fasster23

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
The red cups seal nice. I use them to wash mine. The other option is to use king/br Motorsports wash plugs.... They're kind of pricey but seal with a o ring and are super nice/cool looking anodized aluminum with spark plug/nozzle holders built in
I've looked everywhere and nobody sells any of the o-ring style for a 2.5" inj. Speedway, BR, Allstar, Moose,etc. I guess the red caps it'll be. Thanks

12/30/15, 11:29 AM   #4
xoxide

Oh yeah my br plugs are larger for 360 injection. The plastic ones seal nice on my limited motor though I wouldn't worry too much.

1 member likes this post: fasster23
12/30/15, 2:19 PM   #5
Re: Question about wash plugs
CRA91

A little tip on using the red plugs,I always fold up a piece of paper towel and put it on top of the butterflies then put the plugs in and then put some duck tape on the outer edge of the plug.
The paper towel will adsorb any excess water that might get inside there. I've done it like this for years and never had any problems and that's a heck of a lot cheaper than the o-ring style.

3 members like this post: c47, fasster23, Mattmac05
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question about wash plugs