IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ronmil (Offline)
  #21 6/21/19 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Hope you get it in, but with future radar forecast for tonight, tough to justify my 2 1/2 hour drive time. Best of luck to all of the competitors.
Same here, Bob!

Ron Miller
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #22 6/21/19 12:49 PM
Weather can always happen, but according to both Weather Underground and Accuweather, the precipitation chances for Paragon don't go above 50% until 11 pm. And don't get really high until after 2 am. I've seen a ton of great races that had more dire forecasts than that. And to be fair, gotten rained on when there was very little rain in the forecast.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
4 Likes: billw, Indy1808, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #23 6/21/19 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
Weather can always happen, but according to both Weather Underground and Accuweather, the precipitation chances for Paragon don't go above 50% until 11 pm. And don't get really high until after 2 am. I've seen a ton of great races that had more dire forecasts than that. And to be fair, got rained on when there was very little rain in the forecast.

Jerry
Absolutely agree Jerry. If I was as close as you are there would be no hesitation. Anybody within 1 hour should absolutely be there. Unfortunately we are not that close.
5 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Indy1808, Pat O'Connor Fan, ronmil, tirespinner
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #24 6/21/19 1:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
Weather can always happen, but according to both Weather Underground and Accuweather, the precipitation chances for Paragon don't go above 50% until 11 pm. And don't get really high until after 2 am. I've seen a ton of great races that had more dire forecasts than that. And to be fair, gotten rained on when there was very little rain in the forecast.

Jerry
I saw the same thing also Jerry. But looking ahead this weekend. my plans were , Lps and Kokomo and both don’t look good at all.
So tonight looks like the best chance of beating mother nature to see sprints.

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #25 6/21/19 1:32 PM
I really want to attend this one. Chuck Amati was from my area and he was my first racing hero, I followed his career in my youth, mainly through Speed Sport News. Rarely did I get the opportunity to see him race in person. A few times I saw him race at Turnpike Speedway in Marion, Illinois and once or twice my dad was able to take us to Little Springfield. Later, I saw him he attempted a comeback of sorts and drove a couple of times at St. Francois County Speedway in Farmington, MO, probably when he was 60 plus years old. The weather, unfortunately, doesn't look good and I am 3 1/2 hours from Paragon. Alas, maybe next year. If it does rain, I hope they reschedule.
Edit for old brain: How could I forget his time in the white 66. Saw him at Haubstadt several times in that car and others.
2 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan, ronmil
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #26 6/21/19 1:58 PM
Well CRUD!!!!!
I'm already to go and now it just looks terrible. Instead of dissipating here in E. Central Illinois it looks like it's building. Guess I will cancel room but wait another hour before I try this. So bummed. I love this race. And yes, SoIlSprnt, the raindate is Friday, September 13th.

Peace & love to all.
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #27 6/21/19 2:01 PM
RonMil are you gonna try?

Here is current radar 1pm Central. We are due to start raining here within the hour.

Also up here it says once it starts it won't stop until 9am Sat. morning. However I realize up here we are smack in the middle of it.

Peace & love to all.
Paragon Speedway (Offline)
  #28 6/21/19 2:19 PM
Current weather and track conditions
ronmil (Offline)
  #29 6/21/19 2:23 PM
Originally Posted by Indy1808:
RonMil are you gonna try?

Here is current radar 1pm Central. We are due to start raining here within the hour.

Also up here it says once it starts it won't stop until 9am Sat. morning. However I realize up here we are smack in the middle of it.
No, I am not going to attempt it. Been having back and leg problems and an epidural two weeks ago had a negative effect. I had physical therapy this morning and it has helped some, and I have a new regimen of exercises to work on. Also, a lack of a shotgun rider is a big influence. I had persuaded Earlene to come, and she reluctantly agreed. She has mobility and other health issues, so she seldom attends any races nowadays, even though she enjoyed them, especially if Dave Darland was racing.
The drive back home on virtually deserted roads with no businesses on them is more of a challenge for me than it was just a short time ago. That's a long winded way of saying I will be missing the Chuck Amati 68 for the first time. Last years race was the best one yet, and one of the best races I saw all year.

Ron Miller
2 Likes: Indy1808, Pat O'Connor Fan
mc/rider (Offline)
  #30 6/21/19 2:42 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
No, I am not going to attempt it. Been having back and leg problems and an epidural two weeks ago had a negative effect. I had physical therapy this morning and it has helped some, and I have a new regimen of exercises to work on. Also, a lack of a shotgun rider is a big influence. I had persuaded Earlene to come, and she reluctantly agreed. She has mobility and other health issues, so she seldom attends any races nowadays, even though she enjoyed them, especially if Dave Darland was racing.
The drive back home on virtually deserted roads with no businesses on them is more of a challenge for me than it was just a short time ago. That's a long winded way of saying I will be missing the Chuck Amati 68 for the first time. Last years race was the best one yet, and one of the best races I saw all year.
Wishing you well pal

When in doubt Gas It