IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bill May (Offline)
  #131 10/1/14 10:12 PM
Since 10-21-14 and 18k hits on this thread has anyone noticed that no official announcement has come from the Bloomington Speedway management as to what the purse structure plan will be for this class and any other details, Maybe, we should wait to see what the facts are before prejudging, I strongly suspect that if the promoters want this to succeed, they will offer something that will encourage racers to participate.

I would like to see a sat. nite track come into play with this class, would help with the development & growth, I have owned several 305's and had FUN racing them, I just might build another one, I had $6,500 in the first one, $8k in the second, bought & sold several in the $5,500 to $6,500 range, You don't have to spend a fortune to have fun in these sprints, with over 1,000 of them around the country, there is a market.

Bill May
6 Likes: DAD, DaveP63, davidm, Dgentry51, PIT CART, Sprint25b
KKinser99 (Offline)
  #132 10/2/14 2:14 AM
Payout for eagle raceway 305 RACESAVER (This is the track that the test car friday night runs weekly)

1st $700 2nd $500 3rd $400 4th $350 5th $325 6th $300 7th $295 8th $290 9th $285 10th $280 11th $275 12th $270 13th $265 14th $260 15th $255 16th thru 20th $250.

Seems to be a fair distribution of the purse and the proper payout. You want to get car counts up you need to have a decent purse and ensure that rules on this program are enforced. This payout will attract racers from other division such as mods which pay around 700 to 800 to win (regular event) and are running 700 to 800 hp engines. Intellectually it does not make much since to race a mod with higher operating cost with similar purse breakdown. Hence, purchase a racesaver engine or build your own. Get a sprintcar roller put together and go racing.
4 Likes: Bill May, Dgentry51, Josh Kinser, smith19
Bill May (Offline)
  #133 10/2/14 10:51 AM
Kinser99, You have the right idea, shop around for used parts, find people selling off spares, getting out for various reasons, need money. visit the end of season racer flea markets, used rollers & parts are abundant, if you buy used motors or motor parts, just make sure they are legal, of course, if you can afford, buy new parts & cars, but, with the Racesaver rules, it all evens out on the track, I'm just saying you don't need to mortgage the house to field one of these sprints.

I would not be supprised to see a purse very similar to the Eagle track here at Bloomington, from all indications, they are very serious about making this class a success.To you racers interested in fielding a car, stay positive, wait on official info from track personnel, This just might be a good thing in spite of all the naysayers.

Bill May
3 Likes: jjracer636, KKinser99, MMSA
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #134 10/2/14 12:26 PM
Really you think its going to pay more to start a 305 feature than it does to start a 410 feature. Highly unlikely but hay stranger things have happened. Guess we just wait and see
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, dshort36
Bill May (Offline)
  #135 10/2/14 1:47 PM
92, Did you miss the word, "similar" ? I "really" do not expect (nor intend to infer) they would insult the 410's by paying higher start money, probably flatter payout top to bottom though, My earlier post said "wait & see" in case we are having a contest, I'm ahead on that score. We can tally up when it's all said & done.

Bill May
dshort36 (Offline)
  #136 10/2/14 3:23 PM
Originally Posted by Bill May:
Since 10-21-14 and 18k hits on this thread has anyone noticed that no official announcement has come from the Bloomington Speedway management as to what the purse structure plan will be for this class and any other details, Maybe, we should wait to see what the facts are before prejudging, I strongly suspect that if the promoters want this to succeed, they will offer something that will encourage racers to participate.

I would like to see a sat. nite track come into play with this class, would help with the development & growth, I have owned several 305's and had FUN racing them, I just might build another one, I had $6,500 in the first one, $8k in the second, bought & sold several in the $5,500 to $6,500 range, You don't have to spend a fortune to have fun in these sprints, with over 1,000 of them around the country, there is a market.

Bill May
i dont think its about making this class any more of a success than any other class.. if they do anything its about making bloomington speedway more profitable , and understandable, as it is a business. however i believe they are barking at the wrong gate.. need to start more fan appreciation and attendance to hit the home run as what few cars and fans another small class will bring in wont do the job.. just my opinion

don short
12 Likes: ajb6, babcock14d, bowbuild, Dirtfan, hbmundy, HurstBros0, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, kcarm92, Kellen Conover, RickyBobby, ronmil
TQ29m (Online)
  #137 10/2/14 5:09 PM
Just want to say my piece, and get it over with, and I'm sure they have looked at the bottom line, but my thought would be to run more often, the "other" open wheel cars that are already in the area, 1000cc, whatever DAD wants to call it today, there are 3 TQ groups, all with enough cars to make a good car count, and with Montpelier working hard to re-establish a midget class, that looks more favorable to me, I don't really think anyone in the stands hates the "little" cars, maybe they do, but they might also hate the 305's, glad I'm not making that decision! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
old timer (Offline)
  #138 10/2/14 5:30 PM
From the track owner today on the radio said they have already put down new clay, adding electronic scoring with telesponders,next week putting up new lights. I guess they must be expectioning a load of these fire breathing 305's I still can't find anyone that will be sealing motors or how much they charge to seal one.
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #139 10/2/14 9:17 PM
I'm glad they're getting new lights. I love the track, but it's one of the poorest lit tracks I've raced on.

Colin Miller
2 Likes: Josh Kinser, R A K
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #140 10/3/14 12:56 AM
I've raced much worse! It's one of the nicest facilities in the mid west.