IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Adolph (Offline)
  #1 5/30/21 9:16 AM
http://andersonspeedway.com/wp-conte...021_Finish.jpg

Results: Roahrig, K. Swanson, T. Swanson were only cars on lead lap. It was a good race and finished a little after 10 PM. Brady Bacon was rookie of the year.
15 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, EBookerFan, interpreter66, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, LB, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner, TNRustler, treecitytornado
PIT CART (Offline)
  #2 5/30/21 9:18 AM
Great race 🏁🏁
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, Kinser11, oppweld, tirespinner
Kinser11 (Offline)
  #3 5/30/21 6:21 PM
Great Race as always!
4 Likes: EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #4 5/31/21 1:46 AM
I’ll get blasted for my opinion and I’m ok with it. In spite of friends who’s opinion I greatly respect, all I can say I guess is I’m not into novelty sprint car race’s. Still on my bucket list and it’s not that long so chances are I’ll get there soon
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, sw1911, tirespinner
Pitdad (Offline)
  #5 5/31/21 2:24 AM
I’m a dirt guy who strictly adhered to the mantra that dirt was for racing and asphalt was for getting there, but I gotta tell you that the Little 500 is a must see. Put it on your short list and make it a priority. Anderson is a great track with tons of history and not a bad seat in the house.
10 Likes: Adolph, cmakin, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, jonboat15, oppweld, PIT CART, sprintracer82, tigerone, tirespinner
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #6 5/31/21 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
I’ll get blasted for my opinion and I’m ok with it. In spite of friends who’s opinion I greatly respect, all I can say I guess is I’m not into novelty sprint car race’s. Still on my bucket list and it’s not that long so chances are I’ll get there soon
That novelty race is some thing you have to see,come see the 74th running next year 😃
4 Likes: Bostonian, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #7 5/31/21 11:03 AM
I’m sure you guys are right. I have a couple friends who’ve been and still are involved in the race. I guess seeing it live will probably change my mind. Watching on tv, I became disenchanted early after Brian Tyler couldn’t get a push truck. We watched it all and questioned a lot of things. Obviously I don’t even pretend to know the rules and I don’t remember every situation we were puzzled by, but this year we thought the push trucks were remarkably inefficient. I want to make clear we’ve only seen it twice on tv so we’re very uneducated on the happenings. Not however unfamiliar with the race. I’ve been interested in it since I heard of it which is more than 50 years ago. I’m kinda in disbelief that with all the racing we’ve been to, both dirt and pavement we never attended the Little 500
4 Likes: EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, tirespinner
reeserx (Offline)
  #8 5/31/21 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
I went 3 years ago and just couldn’t get into it. I’m glad to say I seen it but it’s just not for me.
2 Likes: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 5/31/21 6:37 PM
Missed the last two years due to not being able to be away for a full day but attended three in a row. Up to that point I had seen about four pavement races. One at the old Queen City (NAMARS Midgeets) Staab's win at IRP (Which I loved) and one at Winchester which Dave Steele about lapped the entire field. Sucked to me.

The little 500 is something to see for sure it's about 1/3rd driver, 1/3rd car and 1/3rd strategy and luck. Also wild sitting for a half hour and realizing only a quarter of the race has been run.

Charles Nungester
LB (Offline)
  #10 5/31/21 6:41 PM
we have a saying about the can't get a push truck at a car but another car thats sitting in their stall with a certain driver thats going laps down has one sitting behind it is called ,,,,,,,,,, interpreter 66 your turn ,,,,,,