Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Speedway Updates
5/28/11, 10:35 PM   #21
Re: LPS Speedway Updates
pletchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
Burdette won, Dave 2nd!
Good night all! Great job DD!!!!
Nice to see you again Pletchfan! Don't be a stranger!
I guess I have been away from the board for too long. Here I was sitting waiting on updates and they had posted the finish in a post way up the board. O well. Dave did good wish he would have won but 2nd is good...

1 member likes this post: racegal
5/28/11, 11:50 PM   #22
Jerry Shaw

Another great race at LPS! They've all been that way since they closed down that week to do their improvements. 40 plus sprinters (over 110 total cars) in the pits. All five heats were among the best I've seen so far, this year. Especially the last one, where Brett Burdette came from the third row to seize the lead away from front row starter Braylon Fitzpatrick, on the second or third lap. And it was on between those two the rest of that heat, with Braylon snatching the win away from Burdette with a last second lunge coming off of the high side of turn four, of the last lap.

Then come feature time, you knew it was going to be tough on the rest of the field trying to track DD down, from his pole starting position. You had an idea that there might have been somebody who had something for him, when after the first caution, you saw Burdette sitting in fourth, after starting tenth, and we were only five laps in. And although he had to give two of those spots back, when the green flew again, he had regained that position within two laps. The battle that ensued right after that between he, Jon Sciscoe and Kyle Cummins for most of the middle of the race just had you twisting and turning several times, each lap. It was just that good. Then, later in the race Brett got around the other two and you thought as he was reeling the leader in, that it would be between he and Dave. But, then Kyle Cummins switched from the low line he had been running to hammer down, on the cushion. We then had a three car race. And it was even more intense than the previous three car battle for second. Burdette on the bottom, Darland in the middle of the track and Cummins on the top. First, Brett did what seemed inconceivable a few laps earlier, by getting under and passing Dave. But Cummins was the man on the move and looked to be destined to win. But, just as quick, he got into the cushion too deep, lost his momentum, nearly spinning. In fact, it took a great save in not doing so. Burdette took over from there and cruised home for the win, but man did he ever have to earn it!!!

I am so looking forward to Midget Week at the improved LPS!!

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/29/11 at 3:08 AM.

5 members like this post: agar, Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal, STIDA.com, VSneader2
5/29/11, 6:23 AM   #23
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

[quote in part =Jerry Shaw;229501]Another great race at LPS! They've all been that way since they closed down that week to do their improvements.
I am so looking forward to Midget Week at the improved LPS!!
Jerry[/quote]

Gotta agree with all that Jerry! LPS is quickly becoming the place to race on Saturday nights. Fan friendly and racy!!! It's great to see talented drivers who don't win regularly come to the fore. Passing was high/low, blasting down the straights or out braking in the turns. Burdette did a great job. I'm happy for him and his crew and happy for LPS. They're back!!

5/29/11, 7:18 AM   #24
LocalYokel

Its great to see people suporting LPS after so many had sworn never to go back.

Botts missed the show again huh? I bet Danica would have at least made it out of the B!!! Haha
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Speedway Updates