IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
5/22/19, 11:02 PM   #31
mlamb

You know with Memorial Day approaching. I sure hope we don’t lose focus on what’s really important. Yes I to noticed 20 cars at the THAT. Then it dawned on me. There are young men and women stationed all around the world tonight. Protecting our freedom.
Most likely many would have loved to been at THAT tonight or even watch it on FLO.
But they can’t, there busy giving us the freedom to pick and choose what races we go to or not. I’ll sleep sound tonight w/o hearing gunfire or being attacked. I’ll get up tomorrow and make decisions as to what I’ll do and where I’ll go. That’s all thanks to a lot of military personal who have served and are serving sacrificing for me to have those liberties. For that I’m forever grateful and thankful everyday. I do understand the 20 car concerns at THAT. But let’s focus this week/weekend on what we do have. That’s whats most important. And while your at it, Appreciate and thank a veteran. 🇺🇸

5/22/19, 11:17 PM   #32
kcarm92

My cents most low dollar teams seen it was probably going to be a hammer down track (little rough) also ,know they can't afford to tear shocks , motor, or even crash ,so they stayed home , before people complained about dust track got smooth and slick, guys felt like they could complete with the big guys, but now they have figured out after Sprint week how to keep moisture into the track,so again heavy track kept cars away,jmo

7 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, erich45, Jerry Shaw, oppweld, ryan84, skids59, spicoli
5/23/19, 12:39 AM   #33
Re: USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
Sprint63122

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Thankfully I saw the twitter post regarding everyone being upset after Granite City, and that they were losing owners. This has always been one of my favorite shows, would have been disappointed to have driven over to see a short program with only 3 heats that did not even have full fields, no 4th heat, semi!! Sometimes this technology is not all bad. Saved 5 of us a trip and ticket $.

Pretty much sums it up owners not happy at the granite city deal let alone the reschedule of Eldora the night before sprint week starts. Also left after the heats both Friday at granite and terre haute nothing left to watch let alone that many will not waste time or money on programs like this anymore. Charging people full price for short shows is not a good way to keep them coming back.

2 members like this post: hoosierboy3, skids59
5/23/19, 12:44 AM   #34
quicktime3

What team do you mean, besides Ballou?

5/23/19, 2:35 AM   #35
Non wing lover

Money good at the top start that's a lot other series start I think all-star start 700$ how much money in heatsdoes USAc pay I don't know USAc is dying supposed to not for profit organization but only you thats lining his pockets is Kevin Miller the board of directors got to have a meeting and this fat cat out sorry to USAc starting to go the way of the dinosaurs don't let that happen it's a good group to at needs changes at the top a fish starting with the head get my drift? There should have been at least the 27 or28 cars there you didn't have farmland where the rookie Zane Hendricks ? USAc better stop pissing off the owners btw does anybody know what ha p opened between USAc and Tony Stewart quality owner had quality equipment all of a sudden he leaves for the wing world this man was a series champ when raced with them championship car owner then he leaves USAc suffering that loss Kasey Kayne took same route you piss owners of that caliber your got problems Jeff Walker left too USAc make drastic changes or else I don't see it die I want see it thrive again it's a good club that needs some workable changes are owners and drivers Happy everybody's happy piss em off and got whatcha got rant done

5/23/19, 2:38 AM   #36
hoosierboy3

Car count may be disappointing I agree, but I love terre haute and if Mother Nature and the work schedule cooperates I’m in the infield drinking cold beer and watching them rooster tail down the front stretch and back her into turn one no matter the car count. What bothers me most about this is that one of the best of all time in Dave Darland couldn’t even get a ride. Kinda scary what direction we are headed

2 members like this post: oppweld, spicoli
5/23/19, 2:43 AM   #37
Non wing lover

But how long are fans going to pay $25 to see only 18-20 cars? Not for long term es you quality but you got to have quantity too give fans more bang for their bucks

1 member likes this post: speed bump
5/23/19, 2:51 AM   #38
Re: USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
Pushtruck

Hmmm.

It was a Wednesday night in Indiana during the month of May and I was watching live sprint car and modified racing at one of the most historic dirt tracks in the country. That's a win in my book.

The racing started on time and finished by 10:00pm. That's a win in my book.

Watched a likable home town boy competing against some of the best dirt track drivers in the country win the 49th Annual Tony Hulman Classic. That's a win in my book.

Congrats Chase Stockon for taking home the rifles (one of the coolest trophy's in dirt track racing) in his 1st Tony Hulman Classic win. That too... is a win in my book.

There was a race at the Terre Haute Action Track and it stopped raining long enough to actually have the race. Another big win in my book.

A good crowd in the stands and infield... on a Wednesday Night no less. Yep, A win in my book.

Watching top USAC sprint stars, a few locals racers, Mod drivers Kenny Wallace, Kenny Schrader, Kenny Carmichael and a host of drivers not named Kenny, racing their asses off. Definitely a win in my book.

Thanks to Bob Sargent, Adam Mackey and the Track Enterprises crew for their hard work to get this wet track ready and putting the race on under adverse conditions. I also want to thank the USAC officials who give us their time, hard work and put in long hours to make these shows happen at track after track. I'll take this deal any night of the week at Terre Haute. You know, they wanted to bulldoze this track and put a shopping center here not that long ago. Glad these guys stepped up and saved racing in Terre Haute. Another HUGE, HUGE win in my book.

And I'll sign my posts with my real name: Joe Chambers... Official Push Trucks.
Last edited by Pushtruck; 5/23/19 at 9:37 AM.

5/23/19, 2:52 AM   #39
Non wing lover

What happed between dutcher and darland after Eldora? Dutch has a whole shop of cars you to tel me Dutch couldnt roll out another car out of his shop? Cmon give me a break btw wheres Zane Hendricks? Wheres Timmy buckwalter?

5/23/19, 2:55 AM   #40
Non wing lover

Bill what owners did they lose now? This is not good for usac

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!