IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar-lug "nuts"
4/23/16, 12:10 AM   #11
KMS2683

This is not trying to be just a negative post about NASCAR, but I truly do not understand how/why people still follow NASCAR. But week in and week out IOW,Facebook, local track forums light up about NASCAR. I would understand putting up with some of the crap if the racing were good, but its just choregraphed entertainment. The racing went away years ago. The ones that do enjoy NASCAR, thats great nothing wrong with that as we all have our entertainment dislikes, but why do other people put themselves through the pain. Why is there any belief think things will change when the people in charge have not changed. Sorry to rant, just dont understand why people week in and week out watch it knowing they will be unhappy. I stopped following NASCAR around 2004 so I have no NASCAR frustration.

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
4/23/16, 6:03 AM   #12
Re: Nascar-lug "nuts"
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

We follow because open wheel stars like Larson, Stewart, Gordon, Whitt, Wise, Newman etc are all over the field.

I take back what I said about Helton killing Nascar but he's not helped with all his PC and corporate BS. Nascar died with Davey Allison Before that, The racing was actually good.

1 member likes this post: team3521
4/23/16, 6:41 AM   #13
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMS2683 View Post
This is not trying to be just a negative post about NASCAR, but I truly do not understand how/why people still follow NASCAR. But week in and week out IOW,Facebook, local track forums light up about NASCAR. I would understand putting up with some of the crap if the racing were good, but its just choregraphed entertainment. The racing went away years ago. The ones that do enjoy NASCAR, thats great nothing wrong with that as we all have our entertainment dislikes, but why do other people put themselves through the pain. Why is there any belief think things will change when the people in charge have not changed. Sorry to rant, just dont understand why people week in and week out watch it knowing they will be unhappy. I stopped following NASCAR around 2004 so I have no NASCAR frustration.
It took my a few years more, but I haven't watched, listened to, or attended a NASCAR 'event' in 8 years. My Sunday afternoons are much more enjoyable now.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: cbaumeyer48
4/23/16, 8:50 AM   #14
Spi-nex

Indycar, F1, LeMans, and even local circuit Sprint Cars (on the rear axle) all race with 1 large center mounted lug nut.

NASCAR has managed to introduce laser inspection, multi-billion dollar TV rights, digital dashboards to replace traditional needle gauges, etc, and yet they cannot replace the old school 5 lug nut design?

1 lug nut... self policing... no more grey area for teams to push.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/23/16, 9:11 AM   #15
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
Indycar, F1, LeMans, and even local circuit Sprint Cars (on the rear axle) all race with 1 large center mounted lug nut.

NASCAR has managed to introduce laser inspection, multi-billion dollar TV rights, digital dashboards to replace traditional needle gauges, etc, and yet they cannot replace the old school 5 lug nut design?

1 lug nut... self policing... no more grey area for teams to push.
Then it wouldn't be a stock car !😃 Not that it even is now.

4/23/16, 11:28 AM   #16
Backitin

Somebody hit it right on the head. Nascar is now a beauty pageant, that's why it sucks.
As for the lug nuts, almost all the "passing" is in the pits. A single Nut would cut down on some of the "passing".
I believe nascar is for partying and socializing, your local track is for real race action.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, Nate
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar-lug "nuts"