IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on creating new fans
7/31/15, 11:10 PM   #71
btg1963

You should have been sitting in the turn 4 seats with me at Putnamville during ISW. I was surrounded by duct tape and blankets and no one showed up to claim their "reserved seats" all evening. These were the top three rows of seats that went wasted and I counted 16 unclaimed seats. The practice needs to be stopped.

3 members like this post: JDK222, spicoli, Wingman
8/1/15, 9:28 AM   #72
Re: Thoughts on creating new fans
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Bleckert View Post
Even in SoCal in the Fifties Edelbrock & Ward got rid of the Midget division splitting (V8 60 & Offy's) by pouring nitro in Vic Sr's V8 60 Midget & Roger Ward commenced to kick the crap outta the Offy's @ the Time , we should encourage more local racing by getting the stuff especially Midgets that could be used to facilitate more of the Old Skool way of doing things !
Roy

That little V8 60 with the Nitro is probably where the term "HOT ROD" came from. The Flat head wasn't know for it ability to run cool thus the big grills and over sized radiators and that shot of Nitro had to warm things up just a little bit more.

These little automotive motors have got plenty of spunk but I don't think they left enough meat in the head to make them purpose built race motor beaters. There will always be people willing to spend huge sums of money to race up front and there will always be people that race with what they can afford. A very good example would be up at Montpelier Indiana. On any given night you will find anything from the latest Esslinger to several Motorcycle chain drive cars. We race a motorcycle car and can run mid pack but we don't stand a snow balls chance of wining a main. If we do not dilute the field by splitting the class perhaps we could make a distinction form the first tier cars in the front from the second tier cars racing just as hard in the back and pay the top finishing second tier car some extra cash over and beyond his finish position.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Roy Bleckert
8/1/15, 10:15 AM   #73
DAD

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5050878&type=1

Guess to the racer back in 1950 this would be very comparable to a new Esslinger?

Nope I was wrong according to the inflation calculator $1000.00 in 1950 would be equal ti $9900.00 in 2015 money. But come to think of it $9900.00 is a bit out of my price range also for a race motor. Bet 10 grand would not come close buying a little 110 Offy today?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 8/1/15 at 11:07 AM.

8/1/15, 6:50 PM   #74
Roy Bleckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Roy

That little V8 60 with the Nitro is probably where the term "HOT ROD" came from. The Flat head wasn't know for it ability to run cool thus the big grills and over sized radiators and that shot of Nitro had to warm things up just a little bit more.

These little automotive motors have got plenty of spunk but I don't think they left enough meat in the head to make them purpose built race motor beaters. There will always be people willing to spend huge sums of money to race up front and there will always be people that race with what they can afford. A very good example would be up at Montpelier Indiana. On any given night you will find anything from the latest Esslinger to several Motorcycle chain drive cars. We race a motorcycle car and can run mid pack but we don't stand a snow balls chance of wining a main. If we do not dilute the field by splitting the class perhaps we could make a distinction form the first tier cars in the front from the second tier cars racing just as hard in the back and pay the top finishing second tier car some extra cash over and beyond his finish position.

Honest Dad himself
There is meat in the Honda head to have it flow 370 CFM , enough flow to get close if not equal today's top of the line Midget engines if the sanctions would let the darn thing run EFI like it was meant to run, it could be done eventually to get the rules were all these combos could work together as one division , will I see it happen , probably not !

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on creating new fans