IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Faccinto
1/17/20, 12:10 AM   #31
SoIllSprinter

There are many examples in our society of political correctness gone amok. This is not one of them. That word has no place in our current world. It is demeaning and ugly. Those who use it should be called out and reprimanded.

1/17/20, 9:02 PM   #32
Re: Faccinto
Sprintcarfanatic

Never quite heard that word used in that manner before. Big mistake, big consequence. Wondered what the apology on Twitter was all about. Now I know. Really have to choose your words wisely when you have an open mike in front of you. This is because he used it in the right text. If I remember right it means being ignorant. It was people long ago that used it to slander the people of color & it could / would be used for any one that is Ignorant no matter the color. " He Ignoranted me " just don't sound right.

1/18/20, 1:09 AM   #33
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
Never quite heard that word used in that manner before. Big mistake, big consequence. Wondered what the apology on Twitter was all about. Now I know. Really have to choose your words wisely when you have an open mike in front of you. This is because he used it in the right text. If I remember right it means being ignorant. It was people long ago that used it to slander the people of color & it could / would be used for any one that is Ignorant no matter the color. " He Ignoranted me " just don't sound right.
There are plenty of other terms for "ignorant" that don't have the whole racial connotation & history of slavery, lynchings, segregation etc, that he could have used (that sound right too)
Stop making excuses for him. It was an ignorant thing to say, he paid the price, he apologized. Over....
I hope other people learn from his mistake
Race on!
Chili Bowl feature tonite was killa! (Friday)

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97
1/18/20, 9:51 AM   #34
Sprintcarfanatic

I'm not making excuses. What I tried to do was take something someone else said & I didn't do it right. The other post actually ended in the part of "in front of you" then mine starts.

You all would really be up in arms if I put on here what I did on Hoseheads about this "word" from a BLACK MAN in 1982 & I put it on there just like he said it & Blacks, Whites & and other ethinicity that was in that room agreed 100 percent with what was said. It still rings true to this day !!! That word & others are being thrown around like candy & people are just eating it up.

I don't believe what he said was racist for the simple fact that he didn't actually call any one person or person(s) that unless what I've been reading is not being said the way he said it.

Let me tell ya about my neighbor. I'm setting on my porch swing & he comes over & says can I set with ya, I said sure. He set down & said I've never set on a front porch like this before. He can set there anytime he wants because he acts decent & talks decent. I won't let anyone in my house that is a disrespectful A$$ no matter what color of your skin !!!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/18/20, 11:35 AM   #35
Spi-nex

If anyone lets words offend them, then clearly there should be an evaluation of life priorities.

Last thing I want to see is racing dominated by easily offended snowflakes who need their safe spaces all because someone said a word.

1/19/20, 1:27 PM   #36
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
If anyone lets words offend them, then clearly there should be an evaluation of life priorities.

Last thing I want to see is racing dominated by easily offended snowflakes who need their safe spaces all because someone said a word.
I don't need a "safe space", & i haven't melted in 69 years
i just hate racism
I could call you a bunch of names & see how you respond, but won't....

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
1/19/20, 1:31 PM   #37
revjimk

repeated & deleted
Where is the "delete" button anyway?

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Jerry Shaw, jjones752
1/19/20, 7:02 PM   #38
djbamber

I was at a doctors office last week and a sign in back of the receptionist read "I wish I had a backspace key for my mouth"! I think that it could probably apply in this situation.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
1/20/20, 4:16 PM   #39
Jonr

I was killing time on Saturday night as I was watching the Chili Bowl track prep between the B's and the A. I searched #uselesschilibowl on Twitter, and came across a post of the actual interview where this was said. If it is possible, it sounded worse when spoken that when we read it on this board. Definitely not good.

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Faccinto