IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2013 MSCS Schedule
2/1/13, 3:18 AM   #1
2013 MSCS Schedule
ClaytonYeley

2013 MSCS schedule is now out as well at http://mscssprints.com/schedule.html...941b1e1e0e523a

Looks like 9 at TSS, 2 at Bton, 2 at Lps

4 members like this post: dirtball, Jackslash.com, jim goerge, Wayne Davis
2/1/13, 11:19 AM   #2
Re: 2013 MSCS Schedule
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Sorry to not see Lawrenceburg, Paragon or Terre Haute on the schedule. With nine shows at Haubstadt, not much more than a local show rather than a regional series.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2/1/13, 12:06 PM   #3
monkeyboy

I like what mscs started off doing running tracks like soggy bottom, spoon river, and the always exciting Florence speedway. They were like star trek going where no sprint cars have gone before. Now they are the title sponsor for haubstadts track championship.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/1/13, 12:26 PM   #4
treecitytornado

I also enjoyed racing at places like Soggy Bottom, Florence, Bardstown, Ponderosa, etc. Kentucky is a Late Model state and it's tough to get good car counts sometimes and many fans seem to not want to see us pull in.

2/1/13, 8:11 PM   #5
JETFXR

fairly thin schedule of Different tracks?

2/1/13, 9:23 PM   #6
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Sorry to not see Lawrenceburg, Paragon or Terre Haute on the schedule. With nine shows at Haubstadt, not much more than a local show rather than a regional series.
I couldn't agree more Mike,however only a few know the circumstances and I seriously doubt if we hear from them. Always enjoyed going to the different venues that MSCS used to visit,but as in everyday life, things change.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
2/2/13, 10:21 AM   #7
bmemmer

heck i don't remember a mscs at Haubstadt last year that they had 4 heats. most of the shows was with 6 cars in a heat with 3 heats. what makes you think they are going to go other places. Putnamville taking off is a big concern for me because nobody is going to want to come to southern Indiana when they dont start til 8:30 fast time where most of your drivers come from. Then some nights Tommy gets out the tractors when he doesn't need to and cost them another hour then they stay and sign autographs. I know some teams don't get back to Indy til 3 -4 clock in the morning. why would they want to come down here espically when mscs pays out 3rd place as much as Putnamville most nights. I support all the mscs shows that I can and I support Tommy every race he has but with that being said might want to look at doing something different like paying 1200 to win 950 for second 800 for 3rd 700 for 4th 600 for 5th. I am afraid that sprint car races in southern Indiana may be going down the drain in the next couple years. I remember when Hoosier Nationals would be 50 cars at Haubstadt last couple years hasn't been more then 30. Not Bashing anybody just don't want to see Haubstadt go dark.

2/2/13, 11:24 AM   #8
Rpracing1

Always amazes me with the number of expert schedulers, series owners, track owners,and officials that creep on this site with all of the know how that is necessary to do all of the above dutys with ease. Got an answer for everything.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: ChadSmith, jim goerge
2/2/13, 12:33 PM   #9
treecitytornado

What he is saying makes sense and I have said that the last several years too! Only one guy gets the big check! If you want a good car count, pay good through the entire field! Everyone needs a piece of the pie!

Posted via Mobile Device

2/2/13, 1:41 PM   #10
BKarraker

If ya don't want to drive to Haubstadt then don't go easy simple solution. Some people do and some live down there.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: ChadSmith, gentry26x, jim goerge, sprintgal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2013 MSCS Schedule