IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > INDYCAR finale
9/16/12, 8:11 AM   #1
INDYCAR finale
throb

that was a hell of a finish last night! ed carpenter drove a great race and ryan hunter-reay drove the race of his life. it was good to see a 500 mile oval race take its spot as the season finale. so much can happen over 500 miles. its also nice to have an american INDYCAR champion again!

9/16/12, 8:38 AM   #2
Re: INDYCAR finale
mr nobody
Banned

Don't get use to this though. Next year will see the addition of a Houston street reace as the finale, and two other races as very likely additions: Providence, RI as a street race and Pocono as 500 miler.

9/16/12, 1:30 PM   #3
aka Liz

Very cool to have an American national champion and an American winner last night! Kudos to RHR, Andretti Autosport, and Ed Carpenter - last night's "forgotten" man, LOL!

1 member likes this post: 767
9/16/12, 3:43 PM   #4
treecitytornado

Yes great to see Ed get his 2nd career Win and first 500 mile Win! Great having an American Champion in Ryan Hunter-Reay!

Posted via Mobile Device

9/17/12, 8:19 AM   #5

That was an awsome race! Man I really hope they do not mess with this new car to much in the off season. The racing has been great at just about every race this year. I cannot beleive there are only 4 posts about this with all of the complaining about indy car in the past. I really thought it was good that Indy car made a big deal out of RHR being an American. Even Bernard carring the flag up and putting it on his trophy. Not going to lie 1 bit I am a Power fan, but he pushed to hard. Champions might get caught up in someone elses wreck, but they do not wreck on there own on championship night. Carpenter was flat flying the 2nd half of that race. Ed should go hire Conway to run his car on the road courses. That would be a very good duo. As a fan I give Indy Car an A+ on the season. I watched every single race. There was only 1 really bad race. There was passing everywhere. To improve the racing as much as they did this year with a brand new car is impressive. I can not wait until 2013.

3 members like this post: KRJoyce1, mtek56, tim brown
9/17/12, 10:57 AM   #6
duel

Ed Carpenter congrats on that win! The drama for the championship was second to none. The last 8 years have come down to the last race for the championship. (who needs the chase) I have watched most races this year and must say the road courses were more entertaining than usual. Ovals just still have much better racing than road courses. They built these new cars to be safer on ovals so lets ink some dates. There should be close to a 50/50 mix. I'm still not seeing the media coverage these guys deserve. Great race and it was a true 500 miler.

1 member likes this post: KRJoyce1
9/17/12, 11:43 PM   #7
treecitytornado

The ovals like Texas and California prove that IndyCar Needs more ovals!
Please schedule more ovals for 2013! Please! Less street races!

Posted via Mobile Device

9/18/12, 8:27 AM   #8

Sounds like Pocono will be on the 2013 schedule. Not sure what else they will muster up. Would really like to see Richmond get back on the schedule. I know Kentucky was a fan problem, that always made for a great race. I do not think Indy car will be at 50/50 for a few more years. Most of these places still struggle to get fans to show up. It is still going to take a few years to get the word out, how good things have become. We need another really good Indy 500 this year to keep things moving.

9/18/12, 5:48 PM   #9
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
The ovals like Texas and California prove that IndyCar Needs more ovals!
Please schedule more ovals for 2013! Please! Less street races!

Posted via Mobile Device
I know this won't go down very well on this forum, but what Indy Car really needs is more races with fans in the stands. They get that with the road course races. The ovals, not as much, at least not consistently.

1 member likes this post: 767
9/18/12, 6:03 PM   #10
cecil98

I honestly didn't know they were running this weekend!!!!...that's how poor their promotion is.....if you're not an avid fan and don't stay up on the series via i-net, you won't know they are racing...I never see an ad on prime time TV or, anywhere else for that matter.....I just can't believe they let it get away from them again with all of this road racing......I loved the indy cars and this just svcks!!!!! Here's hoping for more ovals and Americans in the future but...alas...I'm not counting on it

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > INDYCAR finale