IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2019 Belle Clair Schedule
2/23/19, 9:34 AM   #11
Re: 2019 Belle Clair Schedule
Andrew S. Quinn

Parker Price-Miller

Andy Malpocker

Nick Knepper
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 2/23/19 at 9:48 AM.

2/23/19, 12:20 PM   #12
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

What the heck took you so long to respond Andrew? Hope to see you over there this spring.

4 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, jim goerge, racenut69, tirespinner
2/23/19, 3:19 PM   #13
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybuc97 View Post
What the heck took you so long to respond Andrew? Hope to see you over there this spring.
I didnt know I had a time limit Just decided to add my $.02 this morning after I found a few old pics I took. No guarantees on if I'll be over this year or not. The urge to go racing is still rather sporadic.......

2/23/19, 4:22 PM   #14
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Its my favorite midget track. In the past I have....... scheduled my races around when they were running, was willing to gamble that a qualifying night would rain out at Knoxville (it did) and drive 6 hours to sit in 100 degree heat, quit my job because the boss would let me leave early one day and come in a couple hours later the next, drive over after work on a Wednesday night (250 miles) and back after the races and go to work on 2 hrs sleep. People always thought I was nuts to give up a race here in Indiana and drive over there instead. My reply has always been,I wouldnt drive 250 miles to and from if I thought I was going to see a crappy race. I've only seen a couple what I thought were average races. Most have been spectacular.

Dave Camfield III

Bryan Clauson

Tyler Thomas
Andrew I"m with you on little Bellview, I don" miss races at Haubstadt but I have for Bellview

2/23/19, 4:52 PM   #15
i love dirt track racing

Sounds like that our racing family's need to put this on our bucket list. Hopefully that we can hit it sometime soon sounds like a great racing events. Thanks.

3 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, jim goerge, tirespinner
2/23/19, 5:23 PM   #16
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandak View Post
Hi everyone--come on down for the Arnie Knepper Memorial set for April 26. You will have a blast. Not many tracks come close to the midget action here.
Little Belleville is as good as it gets for midgets but I must admit, Macon is as good and on any given night, better.
Last edited by ISF; 2/23/19 at 5:31 PM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/23/19, 5:29 PM   #17
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Andrew I"m with you on little Bellview, I don" miss races at Haubstadt but I have for Bellview
Not easy to pry the regulars away from Haubstadt,but I have seen it before !

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
Sounds like that our racing family's need to put this on our bucket list. Hopefully that we can hit it sometime soon sounds like a great racing events. Thanks.
I've told the members of your racing family about it many times,Rick. Biggest problem with them going over there,is they still think the world is flat and they will fall off the edge if they attempt to cross the State Line into Illinois.

Maybe they'll listen to you!
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 2/23/19 at 5:34 PM.

2/23/19, 7:26 PM   #18
GlobalSpeedway Tours

See you there Wednesday June 12th with the Tour group ASQ ....

And hopefully a few other Indiana and Illinois midget week dates.
Last edited by GlobalSpeedway Tours; 2/23/19 at 7:28 PM.

2/23/19, 11:18 PM   #19
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Its my favorite midget track. In the past I have....... scheduled my races around when they were running, was willing to gamble that a qualifying night would rain out at Knoxville (it did) and drive 6 hours to sit in 100 degree heat, quit my job because the boss would let me leave early one day and come in a couple hours later the next, drive over after work on a Wednesday night (250 miles) and back after the races and go to work on 2 hrs sleep. People always thought I was nuts to give up a race here in Indiana and drive over there instead. My reply has always been,I wouldnt drive 250 miles to and from if I thought I was going to see a crappy race. I've only seen a couple what I thought were average races. Most have been spectacular.

Dave Camfield III

Bryan Clauson

Tyler Thomas
Wait a minute, I'm confused.... you quit your job because they "would" let you take time off for racing, or "wouldn't"???? (That would make more sense....)
I've only missed New Orleans Jazzfest 4 times since 1978, once because this welding/fab shop where I worked wouldn't give me time off... then the SOBs laid me off a month later. That was the last time I ever let somebody else call the shots (I'm single, no family to support) Also why being a substitute teacher was the perfect job for me the last 16 yrs., I worked when I felt like it (but certainly didn't save much...) Now I'm retired, my only barriers are time & $$$$ (like everybody else, right?)
Hope to meet ya at Belle Clair some day....

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner
2/24/19, 10:02 AM   #20
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalSpeedway Tours View Post
See you there Wednesday June 12th with the Tour group ASQ ....

And hopefully a few other Indiana and Illinois midget week dates.
We'll see when the time gets closer. If any,it will be Illinois,as I am on call at work the week before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Wait a minute, I'm confused.... you quit your job because they "would" let you take time off for racing, or "wouldn't"???? (That would make more sense....)
"Wouldnt"...I need a proof reader. I found Little Belleville when I first moved to Indiana in 2006,and everything in Indiana washed out. I got on here and asked if there was anything else going on that weekend,and someone (probably Morty) said POWRi was running at Little Belleville. I hadnt planned on going to St Louis area,I had no job and no money coming in,but decided thats what I was moving here for and went. "Petey" was there from Dexter Mo.,and I sat with him in turn one,and saw Morty sitting on the backstretch,and after the races we went and talked with them,and Marc and Stacie who were working on "Cousin" Jimi Quin's midget. We stayed till they were closing the gates and asked us to leave!.

I went back to Little Belleville a couple times that year,one of them must have been the Arnie Knepper race which was at the time on a Wednesday night during the fair,and the other time was probably the Charlene Meents Memorial in early October. The racing has always been great there,which is a rarity as many times racing can be hit or miss at a track. It can be great one week,then not so great the next. How they serve up great racing time after time after time is beyond me. I've sat there in 100 degree heat,and one time there was so much rain it took me 5 1/2 hours to get there because they had so much rain I-70 was flooded in places and I had to take detours. Both times were spectacular. I've got to see Rico Abreau spin in the early laps and come from the back to win the Arnie Knepper memorial,and I've got to see Bryan Clauson have a flat tire,change it under yellow,and restart with 10 to go to blast by everyone for the win too. Those were both ultra spectacular memories. Its all racing like that, that has made me want to drive the 250 miles over and another 250 miles back,despite what was going on in the backyard in Indiana.

This is why I liked the Arnie Knepper Memorial on Wednesday nights during the fair.

During intermission watching the sun go down in the parking lot with Morty and Debbie in 2011
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 2/24/19 at 10:25 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2019 Belle Clair Schedule