IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daron Clayton
2/18/19, 11:04 AM   #11
Re: Daron Clayton
PJ Wright

One of the great things about our sport is that the real fans never lose their appreciation for a racer even after his glory days are over. If Daron never turns another lap, I still won't ever forget some of the moves he made that pretty much made my heart stop. Thanks MDC!
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2/18/19, 12:46 PM   #12
S.Clayton

Daron's days are far from over. That man has survived the worst thing a human can go through and is still standing. Yes, his season didn't start off the way we hoped but I promise Daron didnt forget how to drive a racecar.

Rumors are just that....rumors. People love to talk, don't they? From my experience it's usually someone that doesn't even know the person starting them. Daron is a good man, father, and driver. I for one am so proud of him and what he has survived. He has accomplished so much so far and has plenty more to come.

I can't wait to see what he will accomplish this year, and I know his real friends and fans agree. Daron is a special kind of driver that brings excitement to any track he attends. He has some amazing fans that have been here while he was healing from the tragedy we endured only 4 years ago.

Hoping for a fantastic 2019 season!

2/18/19, 1:12 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
I think it's time you all got over Clayton. His days done come and gone.
Good people don't deserve crap like this.

2/18/19, 9:52 PM   #14
addictedtodirt

Pile it on Chuck. You're good at it.

The man gave his opinion about DCs driving. Nothing more. He is entitled to opinion just as we all are. Y'all need to to put your moral high horse back in the barn and calm down.

4 members like this post: 7horse, PAW, tirespinner, treecitytornado
2/18/19, 9:57 PM   #15
chrismattlin

Good on you, Shelley. It's heartening to see a strong woman stand up for her husband.

2/18/19, 10:18 PM   #16
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

I can tell you this much, he has a ton of fans at Haubstadt!! He’s had and will have more amazing races here! Last year at granite city he put on one hell of a show from last to the front in the B main. Dude can still drive. This is my opinion and the Chief has spoken! Best of luck DC, can’t wait to drink a cold one at your trailer with some Hank Jr blasting.

2/18/19, 10:22 PM   #17
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post

The man gave his opinion about DCs driving. Nothing more. He is entitled to opinion just as we all are. Y'all need to to put your moral high horse back in the barn and calm down.
What is it they say about "opinions"? ...IMHO, any & all of them without enough guts to sign their own name, should be considered "un-entitled"...

Charles post appears to be along the lines of something NICE to say, others, not so much...

I bet Daron's had "more days" than most on this thread, and wouldn't put money against him having more! (& "addictedtodirt", if you are being literal, PAW's post didn't specify ANYTHING...)

PS - anyone that wants to reply to me, do so here, my inbox is full...or my email...I would like to make a request this thread to be closed!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 2/18/19 at 10:28 PM.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, John P Huss, tirespinner
2/18/19, 11:03 PM   #18
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post

Yes, we are entitled to our opinions. However, it would seem some do not understand the difference between expressing a thoughtful opinion and one steeped in hurt and insensitivity.

2/19/19, 12:07 AM   #19
ryan84

I definitely didn't start this post at all to bash Daron or to call into question his driving abilities. I can say I am 1 of his biggest fans, have been since the winged days at Benton, MO. IMHO he is 1 of the best to ever strap in a car and is the most exciting I've ever seen in my 30+ years in racing. I've never known any other driver that no matter where hes at on the track, that most fans eyes are on him. Not many drivers that could start dead last or get caught up in a early race accident and everyone still think and know hes gonna be at the front when the checkered flag falls or hes gonna give everything the car and he had to get there. I know we will see him parked on the front stretch again, and I hope it's this year and I'm blessed to be there to see it. Its plan and simple, racing is much better with the Modern Day Cowboy on the track than not and I for 1 am very happy he's back!!!

2/19/19, 2:04 AM   #20
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan84 View Post
I definitely didn't start this post at all to bash Daron or to call into question his driving abilities. I can say I am 1 of his biggest fans, have been since the winged days at Benton, MO. IMHO he is 1 of the best to ever strap in a car and is the most exciting I've ever seen in my 30+ years in racing. I've never known any other driver that no matter where hes at on the track, that most fans eyes are on him. Not many drivers that could start dead last or get caught up in a early race accident and everyone still think and know hes gonna be at the front when the checkered flag falls or hes gonna give everything the car and he had to get there. I know we will see him parked on the front stretch again, and I hope it's this year and I'm blessed to be there to see it. Its plan and simple, racing is much better with the Modern Day Cowboy on the track than not and I for 1 am very happy he's back!!!
& he has a great nickname! "Modern Day Cowboy" beats the hell out of "North Pole Nightmare"

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daron Clayton