IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Florida Roll Call
2/11/19, 10:34 AM   #51
Re: Florida Roll Call
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I can do that for you. In fact, I will be doing that in about 10 minutes. We just made it to Deland, where we will be for the Volusia rounds. Left Daytona Beach this morning. As we were cleaning out the room there was one 16 oz. can of beer in the fridge. I wasn't going to take it with me. Earlier in the morn I saw a pickup truck in the lot with Michigan plates and a SOD sticker in the rear window. A little later some guy noticed I had on a Crystal Motor Speedway shirt and we started talking. It was his truck. His name was Don and he was from the Grand Rapids area and had worked with Robert Huisken and Greg Wheeler over the years.

Anyways, I saw him poolside as we were heading out and gave him the beer. He thanked me. I didn't even know if he drank, and besides, it was 11:00 a.m.

As I turned to walk away I heard him pop the top.

Now THAT'S a race fan on vacation!

Weather this week/weekend for Volusia and pretty much Bubba's (Hi/Lo):

Wednesday: 79°F / 58°F Partly sunny
Thursday: 80°F / 57°F Partly sunny
Friday: 81°F / 58°F Partly sunny
Saturday: 71°F / 62°F A little rain
Sunday: 72°F / 61°F A few possible showers

Hoping we can get every round in here, there, East Bay, Hendry County, and New Smyrna.
Opening a beer at 11am Dam Mike that's couple hours late !!!! By 11 should be doing shots LOL
WOOOOHOOOOO

2/11/19, 2:06 PM   #52
ossuks

ABSOLUTELY!!! When I work I want to get paid, compensate me! A promoter is at work, if they do not make a living they search for other work! No promoter, no track, then you can video tape when they tear it down and post that to facebook!

2 members like this post: Sandy Lowe, tirespinner
2/11/19, 4:03 PM   #53
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Opening a beer at 11am Dam Mike that's couple hours late !!!! By 11 should be doing shots LOL
WOOOOHOOOOO
Don't worry jim we are heading that way tomorrow night and will be in the house for the Wednesday night racing events. We will get them guys in line Wednesday morning when we get done with the 12 hours of road trip. Hell I hope that we can keep up with Dan and jen they already have a couple of days of practice before we get down there but I would think that we will call it even before we leave Saturday night. Lmoa.

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, wildman92
2/11/19, 4:51 PM   #54
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
Don't worry jim we are heading that way tomorrow night and will be in the house for the Wednesday night racing events. We will get them guys in line Wednesday morning when we get done with the 12 hours of road trip. Hell I hope that we can keep up with Dan and jen they already have a couple of days of practice before we get down there but I would think that we will call it even before we leave Saturday night. Lmoa.
You boys have some catching up to do!!! 😉

2/11/19, 5:18 PM   #55
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Like she said,bring your "A" game and Blue cup boys....
Why can't we all just get along??

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2/11/19, 5:23 PM   #56
Rapid Rick

I wish someone would have filmed it and provided some audio. I was there and never heard anything on the PA all night.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
2/11/19, 8:00 PM   #57
Stevensville Mike

All good things come to an end. We're back in Stevensville now, as of 1800 hours.

Work tomorrow.

Next race..... looks like end of April with my work schedule as it sits.

Hope the weekend coming up for USAC and the 360s at East Bay go good for all!

And.... I am drinking a beer, Jim. It was the first thing I went for when I got out of my car in the driveway.

4 members like this post: fish, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, tirespinner
2/13/19, 10:54 AM   #58
dirt330

Bags are packed headed south at noon

2/14/19, 7:58 AM   #59
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

It's race day 2019 . Today is the day. Fast cars, cold beer and hot women. I've shaved, trimmed the hair in my nose and ears. Im ready, lets go racing

2/14/19, 8:56 AM   #60
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
It's race day 2019 . Today is the day. Fast cars, cold beer and hot women. I've shaved, trimmed the hair in my nose and ears. Im ready, lets go racing
Dam Abe I understand shaving but to trim nose and ear hair , you getting fancy on all us lol have a great time buddy

4 members like this post: mc/rider, racenut69, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Florida Roll Call