IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS 10k
9/16/12, 3:31 PM   #41
Re: TSS 10k
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

One of the most amazing races I have ever witnessed!

2 members like this post: racephoto1, Rpracing1
9/16/12, 4:31 PM   #42
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
One of the most amazing races I have ever witnessed!

And Ron, you have seen a couple..........

9/16/12, 4:54 PM   #43
Jerry Shaw

Up until last night the best race I had seen this year was the Putnamville Instant Classic that saw Kyle Cummins steal the win away from Brady Short and Casey Shuman, on the last turn, on the last lap. Nobody saw that one coming and that was an amazing race. Last night's race took me on a bigger, faster roller coaster ride than that one did. By quite a bit, actually. And I have a feeling I'm not the only one, because that crowd went crazy! It's saying a lot when you have Chris Pedersen saying from the infield that the fan noise was drowning out the engine noise, when Clayton took the lead!

I don't know what the best race I've ever seen is, because they're all different, so it's hard to compare. All I know is I left this race last night with a full fledged buzz. And almost everyone I saw looked to be in a similar state. Races like this one are why this sport is so addictive. Why people like us spend a large part of our extra money chasing these things all over the place.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 9/16/12 at 8:14 PM.

9/16/12, 11:08 PM   #44
Flatrightrear

Let's be honest. That race was won by a team on a shoestring budget. Other teams are financially challenged as well but Daron passed a lot of money last night.

7 members like this post: Ch138, Jerry Shaw, racephoto1, rdzsprint, Rpracing1, SHORTBUS, sprintgal
9/16/12, 11:24 PM   #45
bmackn32
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Not doubting you, just want to make sure I understand this... Clayton didn't hot lap, didn't run a heat race, started at the tail of the B and then ends up winning the A after starting from near the tail end there?

Unbelievable... man I hope someone has video

Has anyone EVER heard of something like this before? With a loaded field like this?
Yep, I'm kicking myself for not making the three hour haul

If I remember right, Daron won another $10k to win nonwing show at TSS around 06 or 07 from a C Main...lol. And yeah, I think Hunter won a big one there from deep too. But nonetheless, yes, one of the most outstanding runs you'll ever get to see. DC is so much fun to watch because he leaves it all on the track, drives his heart out, and makes sure to get every bit he can out of the car and the track. Kudos to him and crew, as well as the Helfrich's and the rest of the TSS crew for an absolutely perfect show and racing surface all night.

1 member likes this post: sw1911
9/17/12, 11:53 AM   #46
SamSr32

I am very happy and proud that Daron won, it was much deserved. But the best drive and show was Chase. He came from 17th to second and was about to take Larson for the lead when he spun. Daron had never kept up with him during the feature or Semi. His misfortune not only was an expensive loss, but put Daron in a position to win the race. Both these drivers need credit for an outstanding job and both are low dollar operations. This just shows that driving talent still is very important. Good luck to both drivers the rest of the season. Sam Stockon Sr.

5 members like this post: AB Racing, Al Pierce, miwingless, Quick Change, ronmil
9/17/12, 11:58 AM   #47
Morgan7m

Daron and I would like to thank everyone for their support in getting us back into the Winners Circle this past Saturday night at TSS. This was our first night back out since setting fast time on the first night of the Kokomo "Smackdown" and then destroying the car in a flip in the A-Main. As most of you know, Daron and I are on a shoestring budget and destroying the car, made things even worse. But, since you know that we are true racers, we did whatever we could to get back out this season. We could not have done this and made it to the Winners Circle our first time back out without the support and help of our team partners.

Our Teams Special Partners: Spike Chassis; for repairing a destroyed frame. J&D Performance; for the smoothest throtteling monstor under the hood. Engler Machine for the injection and tuning our fuel system for TSS. Saldana Race Products; for the new special designed and fitted radiator and new fuel tank. Chalk Racing Products for the smoothest reacting and most reliable torsion bars on the market. Hoosier Tire; for making sure we have the correct tiress on the car. Brakeman Brakes; for the great braking system. DMI Race Products; for the many top quality parts to rebuild the car. Indy Race Parts; for working with us and getting us back on the trackwith the new and used parts. Leaders Edge; for the rear end rebuilds and all your support. Chad Smith; for your support through these fun but rebuilding times.

Also the Safety Team, that protected Daron on the "Smackdown" crash and kept him from serious injury.
Bell Helmets, Hinchman and Butlerbuilt.

We would also like to thank all of the "Modern Day Cowboy" fans for cheering us on and constantly giving us your support and motivation to go out and do our very best each and every time. If it were not for great fans like yourselves, we might as well stay home. We do it for all of you.

Thanks again to all and all the supporters that I have missed. Daron and I are already preparing for ending this season strong with some more wins. Daron and I have already committed verbally to each other to continue our racing relationship into the 2013 season and keep building on what we have already built in this short relationship.

Thanks to all,
Ray Morgan
Terre Haute, IN

9/17/12, 4:18 PM   #48
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Happy to see you back at the races Ray. Congrats to you and Daron on the win!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Morgan7m
9/18/12, 10:39 AM   #49
Scott Benic
Relentless Racing

One very important person we all have forgot to thank for even having a chance at winning this money, Scott Benic. He diagnosed the plug wires that were crossed and got us straitened out because i crossed 4 and 8 plug wires cleaning them. Thank you Scott for taking the time to let ray drag you over to my pits and count to 8 for us! It would not have been possible without his help.

-Daron

9/18/12, 6:24 PM   #50
ClaytonYeley

52 laps to pass the world's best sprint car drivers. There were many other great drives during the night. Larson almost won in his first sprint car race at TSS. Stockon and Hunter% were great. Briscoe held his own in the heat. T-mez saved a wicked bike to finish 11th. Stanbrough came from deep after falling to last after what appeared to be handling issues. So many story lines and lead changes throughout the night.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS 10k