IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big weekend ahead
9/11/12, 11:56 AM   #11
Re: Big weekend ahead
ClaytonYeley

Always a great racing weekend. Hard to say who will be favored to win. Cummins is very fast at Haubstadt. But, BC and Jon have been very quick all year.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/11/12, 7:15 PM   #12
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Plan to be at both! Hope the weather cooperates!
Ditto Ron!

9/12/12, 11:03 AM   #13
SamSr32

Could anyone tell me the format for Saturday at Haubstadt. Being a USAC and MSCS combined show. Will it be USAC qualifing or MSCS draw. The first combined show was MSCS and I thought they said this one would be a USAC format. Also, what is the USAC points situation. Will they give regular points or justs showup points only. My opinion this showup only points is a joke. Also interested in start money for the $10,000 to win? Thanks Sam Stockon Sr.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
9/12/12, 11:22 AM   #14
ClaytonYeley

http://usacracing.com/assets/files/r...eptember15.pdf

That link should be the info for the night. Looks like $10,000 to win $500 to start w/ MSCS passing points. I believe the May race was going to be a Usac format. But, w/ weather moving in they wanted to speed up the show. Could be wrong there.
Last edited by ClaytonYeley; 9/12/12 at 11:23 AM.

9/12/12, 7:16 PM   #15
bmemmer

your right claytonyeley but it was that weather already moved in and the show didnt get started til 8:45 and they skipped qualifing wish mscs would give in and let them usac boys run for points since its so close but thats not going to happen. all teams get 60 show up points. I think mscs should give the fans a time to see qualifing since they skipped it during the spring. At Haubstadt it isnt going to matter with the track since he reworks the track 2 or 3 times a night

1 member likes this post: mowerman
9/13/12, 9:34 PM   #16
Eatin Dirt

Looking forward to making another trip to B-Ton tomorrow night, planning on seeing another classic thriller that goes down to the last turn on the last lap.....

9/13/12, 9:44 PM   #17
mortboyz

Also for the Midget fans.....POWRi Midgets at Jacksonville Speedway on Friday and Spoon River (Canton) Speedway on Saturday night in Illinois....

9/13/12, 11:15 PM   #18
racin jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
your right claytonyeley but it was that weather already moved in and the show didnt get started til 8:45 and they skipped qualifing wish mscs would give in and let them usac boys run for points since its so close but thats not going to happen. all teams get 60 show up points. I think mscs should give the fans a time to see qualifing since they skipped it during the spring. At Haubstadt it isnt going to matter with the track since he reworks the track 2 or 3 times a night
The spring show was supposed to be USAC rules. Qualify ect. The weather came in and Tommy along with USAC came to an agreement to utilize passing points so we could get the show in. This fall race was already set as MSCS format. People can complain about the tractor show all they want but where else are you going to watch a race that gets 2 inches of rain in the middle of a heat race and get a track whipped back into shape to complete the show that night? I know you will be there Saturday night enjoying the show. And if your bored stop up to the tower and say hi. Heck maybe we could do a fan Q &A and have some fun.

Racin Jason

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge, sprintgal, sw1911, TNRustler
9/14/12, 12:20 AM   #19
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin jason View Post
The spring show was supposed to be USAC rules. Qualify ect. The weather came in and Tommy along with USAC came to an agreement to utilize passing points so we could get the show in. This fall race was already set as MSCS format. People can complain about the tractor show all they want but where else are you going to watch a race that gets 2 inches of rain in the middle of a heat race and get a track whipped back into shape to complete the show that night? I know you will be there Saturday night enjoying the show. And if your bored stop up to the tower and say hi. Heck maybe we could do a fan Q &A and have some fun.

Racin Jason

Posted via Mobile Device
Not trying to stir the pot but I guess I am missing something here. The fall race was already set as a MSCS format...well the spring race was already set as a USAC format....and it got changed on the spot due to the approaching weather...I completely understand that decision so you could get the race in...so why not make this race a full USAC points race since there is a great points battle going on...It's not like MSCS lost a race on the schedule...they had it at the May show.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

5 members like this post: bmemmer, mowerman, Mud Packer, racefan20, SHORTBUS
9/14/12, 8:02 AM   #20
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
Also for the Midget fans.....POWRi Midgets at Jacksonville Speedway on Friday and Spoon River (Canton) Speedway on Saturday night in Illinois....
You heading to J-ville tonight Morty??

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big weekend ahead