IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #11 3/23/15 12:10 PM
Thanks for the good memories. RIP Earl.

Frank Daigh
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #12 3/23/15 12:16 PM
Thanks for everything you have done for racing! RIP Earl !
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #13 3/23/15 12:17 PM
One of the last of the big Risk Takers.
World, Kings Royal, HBO. Mopar Million etc all started and stayed Non sanctioned for years.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: i love dirt track racing, rapid robert, scottyCbus, speed bump
bigq11 (Offline)
  #14 3/23/15 12:55 PM
There will never be another Earl. Thank you and RIP
mac miller (Offline)
  #15 3/23/15 1:03 PM
"If we'd a sold just one more hotdog, we'd a broke even"

"We'll be openin' the track in a couple a weeks, just as soon as Bernice gets done patchin' the grandstand roof"

Godspeed, Earl

mac miller in INDY
9 Likes: Charles Nungester, EBookerFan, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, racenut69, racing2bwithu2, sc17x, sp6967, speed bump
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #16 3/23/15 1:21 PM
Sad to see a legend pass away. What he built in the middle of the west Ohio farmland won't be duplicated. Tony has done a tremendous job of taking what Earl built & brining it forward.

Also, I think a lot of promoters could learn from him re: holding the line on prices (tickets & concessions) to keep it as affordable as possible. I'm so glad that Tony has carried that on.

I met him briefly a couple times in the pits after races & he was a really nice guy. Rest in peace, Earl! Thanks for what you built!
6 Likes: Can26, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, nathans1012, rapid robert, scottyCbus
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #17 3/23/15 2:44 PM
Godspeed, Mr. Baltes
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #18 3/23/15 2:54 PM
A few things I'll never forget. Camping and making a human pit stop at 4am and him being out on the track.

Locked keys in Car once, He came by, I asked if he knew who could help. "Sorry son, We don't break in cars"

Kings Royal or HBO Him and two cops walked down on the track, took Herrera right out of the track, right through the grandstand in front of everybody. Then after Johnny's gone and banned, He gets on the PA. "This is a professional sporing facility. I expect its participants to act professionally"

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: mc/rider, scottyCbus
ronmil (Offline)
  #19 3/23/15 3:35 PM
I finally got around to reading "Earl" earlier this month, even though I had it for quite sometime. He was a very interesting man, and racing is so fortunate that he went looking for a new piano player and discovered auto racing by accident. RIP, Earl

Ron Miller
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, racenut69
LUCKYONE (Offline)
  #20 3/23/15 4:44 PM
a sad day for the sport we all love R.I.P. Earl