IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Champion 'B' Class of Indiana
1/14/09, 12:48 PM   #1
Champion 'B' Class of Indiana
WardRacing33

Race Count This Year: 8

I found this old picture of my grandfather in a midget (maroon and white #30) that has a caption that says "Champion 'B' Class of Indiana", and I was just wondering if anybody out there knows what the 'B' Class means. It is a large picture so I have no way of scanning it in so I will have to just take a snap-shot of it with my camera, which I am having some trouble with, so it may be a bit before I can post it. I was just curious. Thanks for any input.

1/14/09, 1:20 PM   #2
Re: Champion 'B' Class of Indiana
WardRacing33

Here is the pic

1/14/09, 2:17 PM   #3
SUPERDUKE
Banned

:checkered:NON- OFFY CLASS!

1/14/09, 4:52 PM   #4
WardRacing33

I think this is the Drake my grandfather used to talk about having.

1/14/09, 5:12 PM   #5
SamSr32

In the forties they ran an A class which was all Offys and a B class which was a stock block class, mostly in that day they were Ford v8-60s. CSRA had a Gold Crown Class that was Offys and a Silver Crown Class which was all other engines or stock block engines. This will date me for I ran back in the day.

1/14/09, 9:29 PM   #6
Tripcrwn

Great photo!

1/14/09, 9:56 PM   #7
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSr32 View Post
In the forties they ran an A class which was all Offys and a B class which was a stock block class, mostly in that day they were Ford v8-60s. CSRA had a Gold Crown Class that was Offys and a Silver Crown Class which was all other engines or stock block engines. This will date me for I ran back in the day.
Yup, what he said. :thumb
Mr. Ward, do you have any update photos of your current car? I was wondering how it's coming along.
David.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Champion 'B' Class of Indiana