IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jontheturboguy (Offline)
  #11 11/3/13 3:09 PM
Mmmmm tq midgets at Kamp??
Spi-nex (Offline)
  #12 11/3/13 3:12 PM
Instead of worry about what classes they will run I'd be more interested in hearing about how they are going to get people in the stands. I don't think I ever saw more than a 1/3rd full grandstand at best, but I wasn't there every week either.
spicoli (Offline)
  #13 11/3/13 3:17 PM
If they run non wing sprints, I'll be there every week.

It looks like Plymouth bailed on that idea, even though they had good car counts and fans in the seats. Someone could take advantage of that.
2 Likes: KENDALLRACING, The Old Coyote
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #14 11/3/13 3:43 PM
There was a real big crowd for the Sprint Week show they had there. They ran a USAC Midget show there, which drew a big crowd, as well. MSCS drew a real nice crowd, too. Not as big as the USAC ones, but respectable. And that place has a big seating capacity, so as long as they can have enough space to park everybody, they could host some marquee events there, once they get their operation up and going.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
6 Likes: dirtball, i love dirt track racing, K9Racer, KENDALLRACING, Spi-nex, TNRustler
Spi-nex (Offline)
  #15 11/3/13 4:36 PM
Didn't Kamp used to be a pavement track many years ago? Henry Motor Speedway I think?? Love to see some old photos of the place.
nathans1012 (Online)
  #16 11/3/13 4:43 PM
Originally Posted by Spi-nex:
Didn't Kamp used to be a pavement track many years ago? Henry Motor Speedway I think?? Love to see some old photos of the place.
That is correct.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
2 Likes: KENDALLRACING, Spi-nex
19racer
  #17 11/3/13 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Spi-nex:
Track opened in 1967 with owner Avery Henry. Track went by chase raceway and then Henry's Speedway. was paved in 1977 then returned to dirt in 1997
19racer
  #18 11/3/13 10:12 PM
If they decide to run sprints they need a good catch fence and move flagstand out of harms way.
YouTube Short
3 Likes: dirtball, KENDALLRACING, sprintsrule
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #19 11/4/13 8:00 AM
It was Benton Co. Speedway back in the day.
dirtball (Offline)
  #20 11/4/13 2:43 PM
Almost caught him!