IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC adds another division?
1/16/10, 6:28 PM   #11
Re: USAC adds another division?
Dwayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8j View Post
like their needs to be any other division !
Whats wrong no Dri-bars for .25 Midgets

1/16/10, 8:37 PM   #12
Tripcrwn

Off topic a bit, but USAC is the new sanctioning body for the Central California based West Coast Sprint Cars, brain child of Santa Maria promoter Chris Kerns, with a schedule that includes dirt tracks @ Santa Maria, King's, Tulare's Thunderbowl and Bakersfield. The new USAC Division is a 360 c.i. racing group that ran its inaguaral season last year as an answer to the Bandits' series. No press release from either group but at least one track's schedule has been published showing the USAC sanction. Seems to be a well kept secret that everyone seems to knows about.

1/17/10, 1:23 AM   #13
v8j

Dwayne OH but their is.Dri-Bar has systems for mini sprint,micros and yes their is a system 4 the .25 cars. but if you need a system that they do not have 1 can be made. their is a system coming for Dirt late Modles. but these are talked about on other web.sites

1/17/10, 8:45 PM   #14
loosewheel

What a interesting thread
1. The Briggs Animal is not another division of USAC. It is simply another class of .25 midgets. There are things going on with Honda that could elimanate these classes in the future so this is another engine to replace it. In fact a 5 year old driver can run this engine his entire career with the change of a restirctor plate.

2. The cost of Deco engine has came down because of the Briggs. The Briggs Animal I feel is a more cost efficent way to move to faster classes without buying new engines therefore keeping cost down. Remember the Animal still cost about half of a Deco.

3. I am preparing my driver to work on a car that is very similar to a midget, sprint car etc.

USAC is currently working on a National point series and a Midwest Regional series consisting of 16 events rangeing from dirt to indoors to pavement. This is something our last sanctioning body has never attempted. So to say USAC is not helping .25 midgets is false. This is a develpmental series to teach kids how to race. Most of us know we aren't bringing up the next Jeff Gordon but I feel alot of these drivers can be involed in the sport as crew members, engine builders etc. because of their love of the sport and the knowledge they have gained from participating in our sport.

To Mike and all other open wheel fans
We have not seen your pretty face at one of Bud's races since we started 1 and 1/2 years ago. Come out to KQMC and watch. I think you will all be surprised at how good some of these kids are. We are all having fun doing something together and creating memories for our family.

Please support our club by attending races. There is no admission. The only money we collect from you is if you buy food or drink. Watch our website for schedules and times.
www.kqmc.org
Hope to see you all at the track in 2010.

McCune Motorsports
driver Bud McCune
2009 Down n Dirty Tour Sr. Honda Champion

1/17/10, 9:26 PM   #15
Woo

WAY TO TELL THEM WORM & McCUNE!!!!!! GREAT RACING, FREE ADMISSION I WILL BE THERE !!!!!!

1/19/10, 9:08 PM   #16
v8j

SPRINTCAR well I thought their was a class for.25 cars already, and their is gokarts,min sprints also. but I was just asking because the race market is so saturated with race car classes to fit every body the more the fan becomes a racer the smaller the fan base. my 2 cents
Last edited by v8j; 1/19/10 at 9:10 PM.

1/19/10, 10:22 PM   #17
Phylo82

My son started in QMs. It is a great form of racing for kids. We had a great time during our 4 years of QM racing at Mini-Indy.

It has always been my opinion that QM racing has too many classes. We would sit all day watching DECOs run that had 4 cars or less on the track. In some cases there would only be one car out there turning their minimum number of laps so they could get their points for the day.

The best thing the QM world could do is to eliminate DECOs and Hondas and go to true racing motors. DECOs are expensive and out-dated. Hondas are a utility motors and the rules have to change every time Honda comes out with a new 120 or 160......once again, expensive.

If USAC is looking to decrease the cost of QM racing by standardizing on a few classes I applaud their effort. My only concern with USAC and their .25 division is whether or not they are in it for the long haul. If USAC does not see the revenue they expect from QMs will they hang around or bail on it?

QMA, for all its faults (and believe me there are many) exists for one reason only....quarter midget racing. If the current economic environment continues I don't see both USAC .25 and QMA surviving. Car counts are down for both organizations. Heck, we used to have 120+ cars at a Mini-Indy club race. That would be a good showing for a regional event these days.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
Last edited by Phylo82; 1/19/10 at 10:24 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC adds another division?