IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi schedule
1/19/10, 7:12 PM   #21
Re: POWRi schedule
stroud21

When you get chance take a look at the POWRI website again. the have updated the schedule tab now. it takes you to a page with all the races listed. You can click the names of the tracks and it has location, directions, phone number etc.

I think the earlier schedule that did not have as much info on it was just copied from the press release. I know we live in the "i want it now" information age, but you've got to remember it does take time to update websites etc.

Looks like a really good schedule to me. Some good tracks and alot of STL area stuff.

BTW, does anybody want to buys some signs. This is my third or fourth post today, i really need some business to distract me from the message boards for a while, LOL

Steve

1 member likes this post: billwill7
1/19/10, 9:49 PM   #22
bigmojo5

It is unforunate that POWRi and USAC have races scheduled the same weekend -- June 26. Belle-Claire and 34 Raceway

1/20/10, 9:05 AM   #23
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
It is unforunate that POWRi and USAC have races scheduled the same weekend -- June 26. Belle-Claire and 34 Raceway
The Outlaws will be at Lakeside (Kansas City, Ks) the same weekend.

1/20/10, 12:22 PM   #24
mortboyz

Apples and Oranges....

1/20/10, 2:44 PM   #25
quicktime3

Not really. The Burlington show really needed some support, and I was told that Miller asked early on that POWRi help them out and decide on which date worked....when they wouldn't be scheduled against them. He even mentioned that he welcomed any POWRi races on Friday and/or Sunday to be near the Burlington date, not only to pad the Burlington car count but also to give Brown some guys on their to/from Burlington and the racers a chance at another race.
So who is the guy who is not interested in working together?

1/20/10, 7:13 PM   #26
Red Hat

Belle Clair is a track that has been running midgets for 50 years and is the home track for POWRi why give up a regular show just to help out USAC?

Wally

1/20/10, 8:12 PM   #27
quicktime3

Does it really look like a regular show to you? Did POWRi run a race on that weekend last year? Did Brown tell Miller that he planned a race that Saturday? Or that Friday? Did Miller ask Brown to help him decide what date would be best for that race? Did Miller ask that he not schedule against that race? Did Miller offer to leave Friday or Sunday open to promote his guys going to support POWRi?

I guess only Miller and Brown really know. But I was worried all along that Brown would end up screwing Miller on this weekend in the end. Looks to me like Brown wants to be important, and somehow make himself the "National" midget series by undermining USAC. Congratulations, Kenny...I'll probably be at Belleville. And everyone will lose out because Burlington will get the short end of the stick and give up on sprints and midgets.

1/20/10, 9:10 PM   #28
Red Hat

This is a special for Belle-Clair and is a 2 day deal. Why should the local cars and drivers give it up to support USAC? For years USAC has schuled race on same dates as BADGER, MARA. SLARA. Now they want them because they need car count. POWERi has got a good thing going because of Kenny and Jim why do we need USAC to screw it up

Wally

1/20/10, 9:51 PM   #29
Vukie

May I suggest a BMARA co-sanction at Burlington.

1/20/10, 11:07 PM   #30
MHess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
May I suggest a BMARA co-sanction at Burlington.

I doubt it after USAC came into the prairie with no regard in letting badger make an ounce of decision in a "co-sanctioned" show...

But i've seen crazier things happen.....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi schedule