IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oil pan height?
11/28/09, 7:19 PM   #1
Oil pan height?
Quantrill

Just wondering what is to low for your oil pan? I have a new motor I am putting in my mini sprint and it looks like the only way it will fit the oil pan will be about two inches below the frame. Is that to low?

Thanks, Q

11/28/09, 7:40 PM   #2
Re: Oil pan height?
50mcrewguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
Just wondering what is to low for your oil pan? I have a new motor I am putting in my mini sprint and it looks like the only way it will fit the oil pan will be about two inches below the frame. Is that to low?

Thanks, Q
Not if you don't mind that being the lowest point on the car and if you do bottom out don't mind rebuilding the motor after ripping the oil pan off.

11/28/09, 10:03 PM   #3
speed9

Never mount your engine oil pan below the frame rail.

12/14/09, 6:02 AM   #4
crazyhracing

Well i know this sounds crazy but i ran a Honda 600RR in my mini sprint this year and i also know another guy that ran a 636 in his and both mine and his was about 2 inches from the ground and he had a skid plate welded on his and had no problems and i didnt do anything to mine and had no problems (LUCKILY) But that is the only way i could figure out to mount my motor to get it to line up. Hope that helps. :2:

1/20/10, 10:00 AM   #5
DAD

Aj felker can get a custom pan made for you

1/20/10, 1:06 PM   #6
Bradleyracing86

We ran 600 rr's for awhile and we had to weld up some pans its not too hard to make a custome pan, just remember to cut down the pick up to the right height or you will have starvation problems. You most likely wont have any problems you just have to be very carful when loading the car, and how you enter and exit the track..

we can do them for about $160.00 - 812-325-5747-ANDY
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 1/20/10 at 1:07 PM.

1/21/10, 3:03 PM   #7
micro94

Eric Shively makes skid plates that mount on the bottom side of the frame and cover the oil pan.2 inches below the frame rail is about right.Shively drills a hole in them so you can still drain the oil from the pan.You can look him up on Maximum dirt.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oil pan height?