IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Here it is...car and "wanna-be" driver available for 2010
1/21/10, 2:33 PM   #1
Here it is...car and "wanna-be" driver available for 2010
jdull99

While this post has as little to do with the announcements of this week and as much to do with winter-long strong rumors from the national midget sanctioning body (that somehow normally controls the rulebook for almost all “national” midget racing) and as well as my inability to adjust my fuel settings to restrictors about a 1/3 of my intake stack, it is also stems from the affirmation many of the Tulsa fans offered of their enjoyment of my opinion on such topics.* This is as much an effort for me to state my case and move on (rather than time consuming email exchanges), allowing those involved in decision making to do so, so I can prepare my car for all I am worried about anyway – The next area event: POWRi at DuQuoin March 27, 2010.

It is here that I will advertise my #56 Shakers Sports Bar, JJ Precistion Grinding, Huss Ent. Inc., ATRONA Metal Labs, Sun Prairie Car Quest, JB's Italian Grille, Jasondull.com JAMR Gaerte Stealth, available to the closest racing midget club that offers good insurance, fair pay, and (here is the big one); some sort of effort to leveling the playing field.**I need to be educated on an RPM type of ignition control and if it will work with my magneto.* If a club has an intake type of control, I ask that it would or could be no less than 1.250” restrictor (my experience and research is that any less will not allow for most “national” engines to run).* I have Hoosier, Mickey Thompson, and sportsman American Racer tires in my inventory that also may be considered in our decision making process; but I have no issue running on any rubber.* However, I may be satisfied with a rule allowing only a certain amount, of whatever the make of tire choice it is decided, to be purchased and run on a night.* It is my opinion (easy to prove as a fact) that there are more cars available to use in a “cost controlled” environment, as there are that have supported area midget racing in the past couple of years.

While some may argue that anything less than a full out “national” midget race is not so appealing, I ask them to open their eyes up the possibility of some sort of control.* Above I have posted just a few ideas that are at least an attempt at something.* On my own end, I strive to get 100% out of my equipment and until doing so, realize that a simple rule may not make me a front-running car, but I reached my breaking point last season battling for a top 10 championship point finish and they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again in an attempt to get a different result (experimenting with a different driver does little to excite my interest either).* That is why I will also mention that the idea of campaigning a different type of car on a more of regular basis, has crossed my mind (another quote:* If you can’t run with the big dogs, don’t get off the porch).* Hopefully there will be a midget club in the area that encourages my team’s involvement instead.

Although pavement is an option, the dirt tracks close to my shop (don’t worry, I most likely will still be the last car arriving) are listed below.* I have taken the time to include their contact info as well.* Please consider these facilities when making a schedule if you wish to encourage involvement from our team.

Freeport Raceway Park: (815) 233-0390

Sycamore Speedway: 815-895-5454

Wilmot Raceway:* 262 862-2090

I also encourage existing traditions to remain in place, as far as scheduling and event time starts.* I hope that none of the existing local or start-up midget clubs use the uncertainty of midget racing in this area to get creative with pit gate open times, etc. I will also stress that I feel it is important the clubs at least work together on their scheduled dates, as there are not that many cars to support what we did have anyway.

In conclusion, it will be my attempt to keep my nose to the grindstone*and prepare my car for whatever race it makes the most sense to run with.* However, if an organization did want more involvement from me, I would be interested in offering my thoughts to an open ear.* Again, if that mentioned club did consider some cost control methods, I would be more than happy to convey my passion of that interest as I am known for through various World Wide Web methods, appearances, interview opportunities, etc.* Although there may not be too many people who buy tickets just to watch Jason Dull race,*it has been proven time and time again on web pages such as this site, there is some level of interest in my efforts.* I would like to think that a few rule considerations could open up a realm of media blitzing possibilities and much needed interest in the desired club.

Please contact me with any ideas, questions, and/or positive re-enforcement.* Anyone that wants to post negatively on here, please refrain.* This subject has been debated to death on this site and numerous others, many times.* The opportunity now exists for some action to be taken!**

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)

PS-Of coarse, any car owner or major sponsor that shared the same ideas, wanted me to support one deal or another, would put a muzzle on me, tell me what to do or say and how to act, etc. could also dictate my 2010 season plans.* My loyalty could be bought*for the right*deal and my soul can be sold*at a certain cost.* Sure*none are surprised to*read, but figured I would clarify.* Obviously, if*there was another car to drive,*my #56*Shakers Sports Bar, JJ Precistion Grinding, Huss Ent. Inc., ATRONA Metal Labs, Sun Prairie Car Quest, JB's Italian Grille, Jasondull.com JAMR Gaerte Stealth*would also be available to support*where desired.* Thanks.*

3 members like this post: darnall, Rob Reimer, shaftracing07
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Here it is...car and "wanna-be" driver available for 2010