IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midwest Open Wheel Association (MOWA) 2015 Schedule posted..
1/9/15, 1:12 PM   #1
Midwest Open Wheel Association (MOWA) 2015 Schedule posted..
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Midwest Open Wheel Association (MOWA) 2015 SCHEDULE posted in picture below.
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/18/15 at 1:35 AM.

1/9/15, 1:32 PM   #2
Re: Midwest Open Wheel Association (MOWA) 2015 Schedule post
El1teBr33ze

I'm going to make a (grand) assumption and say that Gold Crown is being moved to September 3-4-5 with MOWA being at Tri-City on the 4th and 5th. Which makes for an AMAZING weekend with DuQuoin running the 6th.
Last edited by El1teBr33ze; 1/9/15 at 1:36 PM.

4 members like this post: billw, luckybuc97, racenut69, sfish
1/9/15, 4:14 PM   #3
monkeyboy

How about sprints at belle Vegas? Interesting

3 members like this post: El1teBr33ze, JJMooney, racenut69
1/9/15, 6:40 PM   #4
racenut69

I agree about Belle-Clair!

1/9/15, 7:38 PM   #5
JJMooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
I agree about Belle-Clair!
I’m looking forward to this one. The last time I saw a full sprint show at Belle-Clair was during the 1999 St Clair County Fair. MARA Midgets ran on a Wednesday night and then open winged 410’s ran on the Thursday night during fair week. It drew about 15-16 410’s. Jerrord Hull won it. Sprints got around Belle-Clair surprisingly well. Although it did have you holding your breath all night! Plenty fast. Lots of brakes glowing cherry red by the end of the night.

Overall, a nice solid schedule for MOWA this year. Limited travel. Most shows within a couple of hours of Springfield IL with the exception of maybe Haubstadt. Sad to see Highland off this year’s sched, though. And every year I keep hoping to see Fairbury on the schedule. I have yet to see sprint cars there. Oh well. Maybe next year.
Last edited by JJMooney; 1/9/15 at 10:36 PM.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
1/9/15, 7:55 PM   #6
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMooney View Post
I’m looking forward to this one. The last time I saw a full sprint show at Belle-Clair was the during the 1999 St Clair County Fair. MARA Midgets ran on a Wednesday night and then open winged 410’s ran on the Thursday night during fair week. It drew about 15-16 410’s. Jerrord Hull won it. Sprints got around Belle-Clair surprisingly well. Although it did have you holding your breath all night! Plenty fast. Lots of brakes glowing cherry red by the end of the night.

Overall, a nice solid schedule for MOWA this year. Limited travel. Most shows within a couple of hours of Springfield IL with the exception of maybe Haubstadt. Sad to see Highland off this year’s sched, though. And every year I keep hoping to see Fairbury on the schedule. I have yet to see sprint cars there. Oh well. Maybe next year.
I second that opinion about Fairbury. That track has an atmosphere second only to Eldora in my opinion and the racing is insane 3 and 4 grooves all night.

1/9/15, 8:45 PM   #7
kdobson

The people at Fairbury are great and we have talked a lot. We had some early discussions about a MOWA race this year, but they have some improvements they want to make in the next year before bringing in winged sprints. You have to respect the reasoning with safety being their priority. We hope to be there in the not too distant future.

1/9/15, 10:55 PM   #8
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdobson View Post
The people at Fairbury are great and we have talked a lot. We had some early discussions about a MOWA race this year, but they have some improvements they want to make in the next year before bringing in winged sprints. You have to respect the reasoning with safety being their priority. We hope to be there in the not too distant future.
.This is what I call great news

This is what I call great news.

1 member likes this post: illinifan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midwest Open Wheel Association (MOWA) 2015 Schedule posted..