IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank You
7/7/15, 10:31 PM   #1
Mrs G
Administrator

There is a Native American quote that states “The day you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice”.

It's taken me a few days to gather my emotions and thoughts. It has been difficult to find words to convey how thankful I am for your expression of love to our family, for making Bill’s dream come true and for honoring his memory this weekend.

Joe and Jill Spiker and the LPS staff -- Thank you for the countless hours of planning, organizing and executing. You had so much to handle with a two-day show yet you were constantly checking to make sure the family had everything we needed and allowed us to participate. Our families got a clear understanding of why LPS was Bill’s home away from home.

IOW members - Many of you expressed such wonderful sentiments that it's obvious why Bill enjoyed the racing community so much and why developing this site was such a passion. Being surrounded by people like you was a large part of why we were able to make it through the emotional weekend. Thank you to those who also made a donation to the Hero Award. I truly enjoyed meeting so many of you!

MSCS, USAC, drivers, their crews/families and pushtruck drivers– Thank you for using your dedication, talents and passion to put on such a great weekend of racing for all those who love this sport and can’t seem to get enough.

Thank you goes to Brian Hayden for coming up with the idea for the Hero Award, bringing it to fruition, organizing and donating. Also, Jerry Shaw for all his help with the website, his listening ear and donation.

Please know that your kindness during this past weekend has meant so much to The Robinson and Gardner families.

7/7/15, 11:45 PM   #2
Re: Thank You
Jerry Shaw

Shondra, Bill would be so proud of the way you have handled things, in his absence. You may not always believe that, but it's true.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/8/15, 12:08 AM   #3
jim goerge

Mrs G You helped a lot of us get though too by being so strong and understanding

7/9/15, 1:13 AM   #4
dirt_trackgurl006

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 41

Mrs. G.,
It was great to finally get a chance to meet you! I know it was a very emotional weekend for you and your family. However, I am so very grateful that you and Mr. Jerry Shaw has kept IOW alive!! It is a great chance for all of IOW members to get together at different tracks all over and finally meet in person! Everyone did a great job as always on the track prep and everything else both of the nights!!
with that being said thank you MRS. G and Mr. Jerry Shaw for everything you both do for this website!!
Kasi Chapman

5 members like this post: Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, mc/rider, Mrs G, SlingShock
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank You