IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Streaming Live Video?
6/23/11, 2:34 PM   #1
USAC Streaming Live Video?
jadirtguy

Anybody know if there will be any live streaming video on the USAC website from Iowa this weekend?

Thanks,
JA the Dirt Guy

6/23/11, 2:51 PM   #2
USAC Streaming Live Video??.......
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

JMG!!...and I have been wrong a time or two!!...guess'n it will be a live timing/scoring only on USACLive....to include their updates via "Twitter"....again just a guess!...but would love a Live Stream!!....

6/24/11, 9:26 AM   #3
Re: USAC Streaming Live Video?
harrisracing

how many would pay the fee to watch USAC racing on the internet?

charge a fee to the viewers to pay for the expenses of hiring a camera crew. give a percentage to the track, camera crew, and usac points.
knoxville raceway charges and it is well worth the money spent.
Last edited by harrisracing; 6/24/11 at 9:28 AM.

6/24/11, 9:56 AM   #4
Stagger

That would require Kevin Miller and USAC to put forth and effort. Like that is going to happen.

6/24/11, 10:20 AM   #5
ISF

I would pay to see live USAC racing on the internet. That is if it was competitively priced.

I think it would be very cool to watch the Four Crown, or some of the Silver Crown races on the net.

1 member likes this post: Seadog
6/24/11, 11:24 AM   #6
harrisracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
That would require Kevin Miller and USAC to put forth and effort. Like that is going to happen.
They could i.e. have Mills Productions handle that affair (need a crew that knows the drivers, event, what people want to see) and the USAC office staff for the financial part of it, etc.

$15- $20 for an event seems to be reasonable. When you look at that it cost to drive, eat, admission, oh yeah beer, $20 is pretty reasonable, plus more than 1 person can watch it on the internet: mama, papa, kids, granny grandpapa, etc. If the track is getting a percentage of the income with the fans at home paying to watch, the tracks might like the idea too, money in their pockets also for. USAC can sell the videos - another income. There are other options , a season discount purchase, discount on a purchase of 4 consecutive races, discount coupon ($3-$5 off) to attend a race for your online purchase, etc., there are other ways of attracting people to attend or purchase online videos.

It was great last year to watch and listen to the races you couldnt attend.

Maybe if we get a few ideas and suggestions for USAC to think this might be a good idea, they might consider/try it.

6/24/11, 3:59 PM   #7
nonwing

I'm sorry guys, but I've been involved in TV for a long time and even worked on the old Thursday night thunder races at IRP. There is just not enough interest to get enough money to do it. But from what I can tell USAC is trying to broadcast over the internet and have (Dodge City and Eldora earlier this year) What I don't know is how they determine what shows to broadcast. The other old argument is that when you do broadcast over the internet, how much does that affect your gate. I really don't know, but why give your audience a reason to stay home, such as a possible rain out. (It's raining in Brownsburg right now.)

NW

1 member likes this post: terrehautian
6/24/11, 4:03 PM   #8
terrehautian

The reason it was done so much in the past was Dean Mills. Dean had the computer, camera, and other equipment needed. Dean moved to California and it ended. I heard they have the equipment (or maybe that was a rumor), but who knows.

6/24/11, 4:42 PM   #9
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
The reason it was done so much in the past was Dean Mills. Dean had the computer, camera, and other equipment needed. Dean moved to California and it ended. I heard they have the equipment (or maybe that was a rumor), but who knows.
They streamed the Ocala races in February of this year. Worked pretty well too.

6/24/11, 5:15 PM   #10
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
They streamed the Ocala races in February of this year. Worked pretty well too.
Hmm, I then wonder why they are not doing more then? I know it used to be everynight. Come to think of it, I do remember the Ocala race I believe. Didn't they have multiply cameras?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Streaming Live Video?