IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Which would most likely affect your purchases
T-shirts, Autograph cards, Decals featuring sponsor brands. 23 25.00%
Web Advertisement (IOW, Facebook, Youtube (Team Highlight Reels - Jackslash style), etc.) 16 17.39%
Name big and bold on the side of the car... just a rolling billboard. 23 25.00%
Constant Michael Waltrip style promotion (Down your throat til you can't take anymore) 2 2.17%
Special events promoted by team sponsors. 11 11.96%
All of the above. I'm always gonna support those who support the sport I love. 49 53.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing Sponsorship: What makes it pop...
4/12/11, 11:45 PM   #1
Racing Sponsorship: What makes it pop...
j_vennard54

Hey everyone, I'm working on a few things trying to get some sponsorship lined up for our racing efforts this year yet, and for the years to come hopefully if everything plays out and shows to be beneficial for all parties involved.

If you could please take the time to select which one of these options you would find most appealing. .
Last edited by j_vennard54; 4/12/11 at 11:53 PM.

1 member likes this post: bus man
4/13/11, 5:39 AM   #2
Re: Racing Sponsorship: What makes it pop...
j_vennard54

Thank you to all who have participated thus far, your time is appreciated.

4/13/11, 7:21 AM   #3
cecil98

what options?????........DUH !! I found it!!
Last edited by cecil98; 4/13/11 at 4:56 PM.

4/13/11, 12:14 PM   #4
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Have you talked to Ernie Saxton? He's helped a lot of racers over the years. http://www.saxtonsponsormarket.com/

4/13/11, 1:47 PM   #5
TeamCGR

In today's Shark infested Marketing Waters, Social Media is the most effective, inexpensive way to promote your Business/Sponsors than any other form of ROI opportunities. Our primary business at CGR as well as promoting our sponsors through Social Media has shown tremendous results for all our Marketing Partners. Develop a Facebook Racing Racing Page, Twitter Account and Web Site. Launch a Blog that contains updates, pictures and video's with key SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Keywords and your posts will shoot to the top of Google, Bing and Yahoo.

All of the other ideas you have are effective, but make sure you promote each of those on your Blog and other Social Media Sites. Your Sponsors, a.k.a Marketing Partners will appreciate the exposure and in turn see results.

Good luck,,

TeamCGR.
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA

2 members like this post: mowerman
4/13/11, 3:53 PM   #6
j_vennard54

Without a doubt. I work for a moderate size trucking company and used social media to help them recruit drivers, we've had a lot of success and just started using this approach within the last few months.

Thank you all for your advice and insight.

JV

4/16/11, 1:34 PM   #7
Tim Watson

I voted for "all of the above" cause i think they are all good choices. The Miachel Waltrip down your throat thing i'm not to big on though. The rest are all good choices but i also realize that's a lot of stuff for a race team to handle while keeping the car maintained at the same time. Good luck JV.

4/16/11, 11:16 PM   #8
nonwing

I've been in racing my whole life. I was once the manager of marketing communications for a fortune 400 company that made brown "corrugated" boxes or what most people refer to as cardboard boxes.

Some things to think about as you approach sponsors.

What differentiates you from other sponsorship opportunities?

Why should I spend my marketing dollars on your race team?

what's the return on my investment?

Can you show me how many people you will reach with sponsoring a sprint car team?

Would these people, that follow your race team, buy my product or services?

I wish you all the best, but the bottom line is this.... It's a tough deal to sell anyone you don't have a relationship with, big or small, to sponsor a sprint car team. Its because they like you and sprint cars. Its not because its a great way to market their product or services.

2 members like this post: mscs20
4/18/11, 10:39 PM   #9
RGraves

All of the above except the Michael Waltrip approach. I will driver past a NAPA store to get the parts I need.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing Sponsorship: What makes it pop...