IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wednesday night at Ventura
11/20/18, 12:00 PM   #1
Wednesday night at Ventura
Kansasdirtfan

What events will be run Wednesday night at Ventura? Qualifying? Heats? Qualifiers? Semis? I'd like to know before I decide to purchase the pay-per-view. Thanks.

11/20/18, 12:26 PM   #2
Re: Wednesday night at Ventura
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Full program for USAC West Coast sprints and practices for the midgets. At least thats what it's been.

Im getting thurs only this year. Watch the start times.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
11/20/18, 1:37 PM   #3
Kansasdirtfan

Thank you.

11/20/18, 4:44 PM   #4
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
What events will be run Wednesday night at Ventura? Qualifying? Heats? Qualifiers? Semis? I'd like to know before I decide to purchase the pay-per-view. Thanks.
Bob, we had the same questions so I e-mailed SpeedshiftTV and their broadcast begins with practice and will start at 5:30 PM Central Standard Time (3:30 PM Pacific Time) on Wednesday evening. She couldn't give me a broadcast starting time for Thanksgiving Night as they haven't established that yet.

According to the Ventura Raceway website the USAC/VRA Sprint Cars will be in action both Wednesday night and Thanksgiving Night but they do not specify whether both nights will consist of a full show or not. No mention is made as to what extent the midgets are racing either night. I sent them an e-mail asking for clarification regarding the midgets but haven't yet received a reply at this point. When I do I'll let you know. Over the past few years I've had very little success in getting replies from VR so I won't hold my breath.

2 members like this post: Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97
11/20/18, 5:13 PM   #5
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Starting Wednesday, November 21st, the USAC West Coast and VRA Sprint Cars will battle at Ventura Raceway for two nights of action. Promoted by Jim Naylor, the prestigious “78th Running of the Turkey Night Grand Prix” will begin with a special Wednesday non-point program for the 360 sprint cars and practice for the USAC National and Western States Midgets. On Thursday, the sprint cars will return for their non-point “Battle of the Beach” finale along with the complete midget show. The Pit Gates at the “The Best Little Dirt Track in America” will open at 11:45am, the Driver’s Meeting will be held at 2:45pm, the Spectator Gates open at 3:00pm, and practice starts at 3:30pm.
On Thursday, November 22nd, Jim Naylor’s Ventura Raceway will host the “78th Running of the Turkey Night Grand Prix.” The USAC West Coast and VRA Sprint Cars will join the action packed card in the non-point “Battle of the Beach.” The Pit Gates at the “The Best Little Dirt Track in America” will open at 11:45am, the Driver’s Meeting will be held at 2:45pm, the Spectator Gates open at 3:00pm, and practice starts at 3:30pm.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, Kansasdirtfan
11/20/18, 8:25 PM   #6
ChetC

Wednesday start time has been moved up due to incoming weather.

WED- Hot Laps, Heats & Main for USAC West Coast Sprint Car Series & Open Practice for Midgets. Practice now starts at 2pm PST and racing at 3:30pm PST.

THURS- 78th Annual #TurkeyNightGP w/ USAC Sprints AND a potential $50,000 bonus, courtesy of ARP, for any driver who can win Sprint & Midget Main! Hot Laps are, at this point, scheduled for 3:15pm PST.

Speed Shift TV will go live around 2:30pm PST tomorrow, once the track starts to come in and we will go live with Hot Laps at 3:15pm PST on Thursday provided the schedule remains the same.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wednesday night at Ventura