IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #1 7/20/20 4:05 PM
It was announced that for this years sprint week there will be no support classes and the sprint car limit is 48. to USAC for getting in front of the state and being proactive.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
12 Likes: Al Pierce, captrat, Chief Wahoo, dirt330, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Kendall2020, luckybuc97, PIT CART, TQ29m, wildman92, WinglessLovers
wildman92 (Offline)
  #2 7/20/20 6:03 PM
We know it sucks for those support classes but yes, kudos to USAC and the tracks working with proper officials to do what they can to make this annual event possible. We are looking forward to ISW2K20 and hope to see all of our racing families! 🏁

Jen Kelley (she/her)
9 Likes: Chief Wahoo, dirt330, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, oppweld, PIT CART, rapid robert, WinglessLovers
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #3 7/20/20 6:09 PM
This is great news! Now hopefully we don’t have to start at 6:00 and kill the track while the sun is beating on it. With one class only an efficient show can easily be run started later and not lasting til the wee hours. Always wondered why with this being Usac’s biggest week of sprint car racing it wasn’t them as stand alone anyway. ��*♂️
6 Likes: chrismattlin, cmakin, erich45, jim goerge, PIT CART, Speedwrench
PIT CART (Offline)
  #4 7/20/20 6:21 PM
This decision is the deciding factor in me going. I have to be at work at 5 am Saturday and being 80 miles from gas city I can do it🏁
dirt330 (Offline)
  #5 7/20/20 6:37 PM
Where did you hear this announcement? There is nothing on USAC website that I could find.
wildman92 (Offline)
  #6 7/20/20 6:43 PM
Originally Posted by dirt330:
Where did you hear this announcement? There is nothing on USAC website that I could find.
It’s been on every track’s FB page.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
5 Likes: dirt330, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, racefan20, racenut69
tqracer53 (Offline)
  #7 7/20/20 9:27 PM
Heard it’s only 4 people per car in pits. Not sure if have to limit stands also
reeserx (Offline)
  #8 7/20/20 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by tqracer53:
Heard it’s only 4 people per car in pits. Not sure if have to limit stands also
Stands are supposed to be 50% but if it’s anything like midget week, they won’t be. I’ve never seen it more packed then it was. Heck I stood in line at Lawrenceburg at the concession line for 5 sprint car heats until I got to the window. I’ve never seen anything like it.
superstock30 (Offline)
  #9 7/21/20 5:28 AM
Going to travel the entire sprint week this year for the first time. I’ll be traveling alone, how are the after race parties? Any suggestions on good places to eat? Also motels and stuff to do between races.
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #10 7/21/20 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by superstock30:
Going to travel the entire sprint week this year for the first time. I’ll be traveling alone, how are the after race parties? Any suggestions on good places to eat? Also motels and stuff to do between races.
The Frolic will be out in full force at every track. No better after race parties. In my opinion the best party of the year is Bloomington. Look for the Frolic flag with flashing blue light on top of flag pole or just have someone point it out to you.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
4 Likes: cmakin, luckybuc97, racenut69, superstock30