IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairbury, IL - WOO Sprints. Kyle Larson wins.
6/4/19, 11:36 PM   #1
Fairbury, IL - WOO Sprints. Kyle Larson wins.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Fairbury American Legion Speedway
Fairbury, IL

World Of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series. Kyle Larson Started 6th and wins an absolute wild one tonight over Sweet & Madsen at the Fairbury American Legion Speedway in Fairbury, Illinois. 32 cars on hand with 4 heat races at 2 b-mains.
25w Allen Weisser won the UMP DIRTcar Modified Feature.
Last edited by nathans1012; 6/4/19 at 11:37 PM.

3 members like this post: Black Deuce, jdull99, motorhead748
6/5/19, 12:01 AM   #2
dsc1600

Great race. Thank you DirtVision.

6/5/19, 12:04 AM   #3
Re: Fairbury, IL - WOO Sprints. Kyle Larson wins.
nathans1012

top 10 at Fairbury
Kyle Larson
Brad Sweet
Kerry Madsen
Carson Macedo
Kraig Kinser
Sheldon Haudenschild
Donny Schatz
Brent Marks
Shane Stewart
Brian Brown

2 members like this post: CRA91, jdull99
6/5/19, 1:22 AM   #4
nathans1012

Highlights of the World Of Outlaws Sprint Car Series race at Fairbury American Legion Speedway in Fairbury, Illinois
Absolutely awesome race between Kyle Larson, James McFadden, & Brad Sweet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y6j...lid=1%3DIwAR31
Last edited by nathans1012; 6/5/19 at 1:23 AM.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
6/5/19, 1:53 AM   #5
chathamracefan

Just got back home from this show. Fairbury was on point tonight. The outlaws have really been delivering some high caliber features the last few weeks. Very good stuff.

6/5/19, 11:20 AM   #6
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

Best race i've been to this year.

6/5/19, 12:05 PM   #7
Rpracing1

Larson on his game with the wings!

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
6/5/19, 12:14 PM   #8
ISF

Even though Fairbury is just a short drive from us we had to watch the highlights this morning due to work obligations.

The track at Fairbury appeared to be night and day from what it was last year. It was a rubbered up choo-choo train last year and a bit of a disappointment but they definitely got it right last night.

Over the past decade Fairbury has evolved into one of the premier dirt tracks in the country right up there with Kokomo and Haubstadt. You open wheel fans over in Indiana should check Fairbury out sometime. It's worth the time and effort. The new majority owner is a sharp cookie and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't entice either the USAC National Midgets or the National Sprint cars, or both, to come to Illinois. If he does it will be a must see event!

Kyle Larson is a pure joy to watch race anything on dirt. The more we see Larson race the more obvious it becomes that we're witnessing the career of one of the great dirt open wheel racers of all time.

6/5/19, 3:34 PM   #9
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Even though Fairbury is just a short drive from us we had to watch the highlights this morning due to work obligations.

The track at Fairbury appeared to be night and day from what it was last year. It was a rubbered up choo-choo train last year and a bit of a disappointment but they definitely got it right last night.

Over the past decade Fairbury has evolved into one of the premier dirt tracks in the country right up there with Kokomo and Haubstadt. You open wheel fans over in Indiana should check Fairbury out sometime. It's worth the time and effort. The new majority owner is a sharp cookie and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't entice either the USAC National Midgets or the National Sprint cars, or both, to come to Illinois. If he does it will be a must see event!

Kyle Larson is a pure joy to watch race anything on dirt. The more we see Larson race the more obvious it becomes that we're witnessing the career of one of the great dirt open wheel racers of all time.
I wanted to post about the race before last night but didn't want to hear people harp about the debacle at the end of last year with the Sprint Mania show.
That was a different promoter and the current Owner / promoter Matt Curl went to become race director for the World Of Outlaws Late Model Series for a season.
Now this year Matt is now the majority owner and promoter.
He has done a ton to help the track and the local drivers there.
Before the season even started he had the entire years payout for the UMP Late Models and Modifieds already set paid for by the different sponsors he met during the year he was race director for the WOO Late Model Series
This year the Payout for both classes took a HUGE jump.
UMP Late Models are paying $2,500 to win & $300 to start weekly.
UMP Modifieds are paying $1,500 to win & $175 to start weekly.
Other then the Modified portion of the show last night; Fairbury has had a full field of cars in both the UMP Super Late Models & UMP Modifieds each race night so far this year.
If Matt ever gets the USAC Sprints there that will be a show no way in hell will I miss.
When I think of Non-Wing Sprints at Fairbury the phrase "slide job city" come to mind knowing the type of racing that track is capable of producing on a weekly basis.
The last few years we've race are modifieds there a bunch mostly because of the good clean racing, Staff, and the respect they show the racers that pull though the pit gate each night.
Nothing but class there and I have a ton of respect for what there doing there and the class they show the teams each week.
There is no doubt in my mind FALS is already one of the premier tracks in the U.S. and I think it will only get better.
Last edited by nathans1012; 6/5/19 at 3:35 PM.

6/5/19, 5:24 PM   #10
nathans1012

lets hope down the road they schedule USAC Sprint and Midget races there. POWRi Midgets are there twice this year and there is an MOWA 410 Wing show here in a about a month.

1 member likes this post: ryan84
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairbury, IL - WOO Sprints. Kyle Larson wins.